Chapter Eight

Jenna was browsing through the available phones and speaking with a customer service agent on different plans and specifics. Meanwhile, Taehyung and Jungkook browsed through the cases and other accessories.

As they stood facing one of the walls of cases, Jungkook leaned closer to his companion.

"Do you think we should cut this short?" Jungkook spoke softly, and Taehyung leaned over to hear him properly.

"I'm not sure. It's making me a bit nervous." Taehyung glanced over his shoulder quickly and then returned his gaze to the wall of phone cases.

"When did you notice them?" murmured Jungkook as he studied a case with a popular anime character on it.

"As soon as I walked up to her building."

Jungkook replaced the case on the wall and pulled a simple black case off the rack. He glanced over at Jenna and frowned. "Me too. Pretty sure they followed me there. I worry for her, hyung."

"Me too, perhaps we should talk to our managers. I don't like that she's only been here a day, and someone is already stalking her." Taehyung's expression darkened as he spoke.

"Do you think it's Junmi?" Jungkook asked.

"Could be. Let's just stay sharp." The pair walked back over to Jenna, who was now signing all the paperwork and making her purchase.

"About finished?" Taehyung walked up beside Jenna and looked over the things on the counter in front of her.

"Nice choice, noona!" Jungkook gestured toward the phone she had lying in front of her.

"Thanks," she smiled.

"Thank you for shopping with us, Miss Shepherd. If you have any further questions or problems, please don't hesitate to let us know." The employee smiled and bowed slightly.

The trio turned and walked out of the phone store and back to their van, exchanging numbers as they walked.

Taehyung climbed into the front passenger seat next to their manager, who was driving.

"Manager-hyung, have you noticed anything strange?" He tried to speak quietly so Jenna wouldn't hear. Jungkook was doing a good job of distracting her in the middle seats.

"I know, Taehyung. I've seen them. This is only our first stop, and they're already making their presence known. It feels almost like a threat instead of simple photo stalking." He glanced in his mirrors and pulled onto the street.

"Can we lose them somehow?"

"I can try, but you guys don't let down your guard."

"Mm. Got it."

Suddenly, Jenna's head appeared between them. "Why the serious faces? Who's stalking us?"

The two men shot looks at each other.

"I can do two things at once, gentlemen. I know Jungkook was just trying to keep me from listening to you. But I heard enough to know that there's someone following us. Is it that Soohyun woman?" She began to feel a bit nervous and looked around outside the windows as they drove.

All three men suddenly became quiet.

"Noona, don't worry about it. We put up with this all the time. And honestly, it's not odd for us to travel with female staff on occasion, so just try to be more... staff-y." Jungkook chuckled at his made-up word and looked out the window.

"Tae, if you say I shouldn't worry, I won't." Jenna touched Taehyung's shoulder and waited for a response.

"You shouldn't worry. Manager-hyung will keep us safe, right hyung?" He grinned at the manager driving and tried to appear normal.