Chapter Seven

Taehyung watched as the light in Jenna's bedroom went out. He had asked the manager to wait till he saw the lights go out before they left. He couldn't put his finger on it, but something seemed off about Junmi. He didn't know her at all except that he knew she worked for their company. He had no day-to-day contact with her, so he didn't know her personally. He felt something wasn't right. He had noticed her watching him and Jenna most of the night. He didn't like the idea of leaving Jenna in the care of someone he didn't know, but for the sake of their reputations, it was best.

He saw Junmi walk out of the building and down the street toward a bus stop. He narrowed his eyes and watched her walk away.

"Jungkook-ah, did you notice something strange about that woman?" He spoke low to his friend next to him, gesturing toward the small woman walking away.

"Mm. She makes me nervous a bit. But I can't figure out why. I just don't have good feelings about her. Maybe you should warn Jenna to be careful?" He frowned.

"I think so. I'll talk to her about it. Maybe we're just paranoid?" He giggled and nudged Jungkook's shoulder with his own.

"Hey, in our line of work, it pays to be paranoid." Jungkook laughed softly.

He didn't tell Taehyung that he had caught Junmi staring at the couple as they went to the balcony or how he asked her to come to the kitchen when he saw it and how she got slightly angry with him before becoming fine again. Something was indeed off, but he decided that instead of being extremely paranoid, he would just keep an eye on her and an extra eye on Jenna.

* * *

His phone rang, and he picked it up.

"Hello?"

"It's Kang Soomin. How did it go?"

"It went just according to plan! Thanks for the heads up. It wouldn't have gone as well if you hadn't called."

"Thanks for doing all the food, Jin. I wanted her first authentic Korean food experience to be a good one which is why I asked you to do it."

Jin blushed at her compliment and laughed nervously. "No problem, director. It was my pleasure to do that for her. Thanks for suggesting the party. I think she enjoyed it."

"Ahh, it was nothing. The CEO has told me to allow you guys adequate contact with her. I'm aware of your friendships with her. I thought, for Taehyung-ssi's sake, we needed to make a really great first impression on her. You know, to keep her around for as long as we can, so we can keep him happy and working." The older woman laughed at her attempt to be funny.

Jin just gave her a courtesy laugh and ended the conversation with another thank you. Yes, the party was a success, but he felt the director was purely interested in taking care of Jenna just to keep Taehyung happy. Probably everyone in the company felt that way. Everything always came down to money. But at least Taehyung's friends didn't feel that way. They truly cared about his long-term happiness.

Jin smiled to himself, proud of his members and how supportive they were of each other, just like a real family.

* * *

Jenna slowly opened her eyes. She had no idea what time it was because her phone had run out of battery somewhere over Japan, and with the party last night, she hadn't been able to get it plugged in. Not to mention she wasn't even sure if it would work.

She slowly got up out of bed, still feeling exhausted. Grabbing her glasses off the nightstand, she quickly paused and looked around. How did she get into bed? The last thing she remembered was sitting on the couch with Taehyung and listening to everyone talk. She frowned. She didn't like not knowing what was going on around her. She must have just been that tired.