Chapter Seventeen

Taehyung watched them disappear around the corner before speaking.

"This. This is what's wrong," he blurted out, handing Jenna his phone.

Jenna, still very confused, looked down at the phone. Her eyes widened and she gasped, her hand flying to her mouth.

On the screen were photos of her and Taehyung at the cafe. Close-ups of their hands under the table, pictures of them along with Jungkook at the coffee shop, laughing and talking. Someone had been spying on them.

"That's not all," he said, his voice starting to crack here and there.

Jenna felt her eyes get hot. She suddenly had an idea of where this was going.

He pulled up a few K-Pop news sites, and their photos were splashed everywhere. They didn't even have the decency to blur out Jenna's face.

"Taehyung...what...what do we...I don't know what to say..." Her eyes blinked rapidly, and she felt a sick feeling in her stomach. She wanted to run to the bathroom and throw up.

"Someone at the coffee shop must have tipped off the photographer that we came there often. That's all I can think of." He ran a hand through his hair, and his eyes looked like tears were threatening to well up and stream out of them at any moment.

"I was afraid the Director would fire you on the spot, so I didn't want you to answer her call," he murmured. He faced Jenna with such pain on his face it made her temporarily forget her own.

"Taehyung, don't worry. We will get through this. I'll talk to the Director, okay?" she said bravely. She placed her hands on either side of his face, and his own hands came to rest on top of hers.

"I just got you. I can't lose you. You can't go back. I won't let you," Taehyung whimpered, tears streaming freely down his cheeks.

Jenna took a deep breath, tears also covering her cheeks. "I'm not going anywhere, I promise. Okay? I need to see what is going to be done about this. Let me explain a bit to my parents. I'll be right back."

Her parents were understandably confused. Taehyung and Jenna had had their conversation in Korean, so even though they were eavesdropping, they understood nothing. They gathered enough from the tones of Jenna and Taehyung's voices to know something was very wrong. They were concerned for both young people. Now they had the unpleasant job of sitting and waiting. Jenna promised she would return as soon as possible and hugged them both.

She and Taehyung left the apartment at breakneck speed and headed to the WGS building.

Once in the elevator and headed up to Director Kang's office, Jenna straightened her jacket and hair, trying hard to calm her nerves. Taehyung grabbed her into a brief hug, each of them trying to gain strength from the other.

The elevator dinged, and they immediately released each other. Walking into the entryway to the Director's office, Jenna's heart sank. She saw the CEO, all of the managers, and the other six members of BTS through the glass in the Director's office.

This "little" incident would have an effect on so many people.

Taehyung grabbed her hand, not caring who saw them anymore. He shot a look at her when she jerked her hand away from him.

"I won't flaunt it in front of these people, Tae. We need to be respectful, no matter what happens," she said in a whisper. She didn't trust her voice to make a sound because it would only end up bathed in tears.

Taehyung frowned and tried to grab her hand again, only to be rejected once more. She moved ahead of him and knocked on the office door.

He followed her, frowning the entire way. He couldn't help but feel she was blaming him for this, even though he knew she was probably blaming herself ten times more than she would ever blame him.