TWENTY-SEVEN

 "I don't understand why I'm here." Carla said, upset she was sitting in a very cold room in a tight, uncomfortable dress.

"Carla, we both know this would be a lot better if you just tell us what you know about that night." Detective Cruz said.

"And like I said before, I don't know anything."

Detective Cruz shook her head. "We got an anonymous tip to check out the Emerald Bay and came back with this." The woman showed the girl the knife that killed Ramon Costa. "This knife is the knife that was used to kill Ramon Costa that night. The knife that magically disappeared that night. We got forensic to run it and it showed your fingerprints."

Carla nodded. "And you think I killed him?"

"It's a very big likely."

"Well it's not because I would not have the will nor would I even be emotionally and mentally stable right now."

"But you know something that you're not telling us."

"You know this is illegal right?" Carla said. "You did it once and now you're doing it again. I can't be questioned without an adult present because I'm a minor. So where are my parents?" 

Detective Cruz sighed, frustrated she's not getting anywhere. And the fact the girl in front of her was definitely hiding something was getting on her nerves because she needed to find who killed Ramon Costa to save her job.

"Everyone stop." The door opened revealing the one and only James Chalamet, the best lawyer in the world, also known as Carla's dad. "You guys should be ashamed that you're questioning a minor without an adult present. And to make the matters worse I didn't know about this until I got a call from Carla's friends. If I was that pity, I would definitely sue right now. But I'm not. Let's go Carla."

Carla got up and walked to her dad who immediately saw how little clothes she was wearing and given the temperature drop these last few days, she must have been freezing. He immediately took off his jacket and put it on her shoulders. "And didn't even give her a blanket to keep warm. Disgusting."

The father, daughter walked outside the station and into the limo. Their driver drove them off back to the Chalamet residence.

"You ok peanut?" James asked his daughter.

"I'm fine."

"Carla..." James sighed, knowing his daughter was anything but fine. 

"Dad I said I'm fine."

James sighed again. "I need you to be honest with me. And I don't care if you did it or not I need to know so I can help you."

Carla looked down at her freezing hands. She knew telling the truth was the best bet she had. Hell she was just arrested for murder. "It was an accident. Everything happened so last. One minute we were arguing with him and the next the knife just went there and we didn't know what else to do and..."

"We?"

Carla nodded. "Me, Zach, Shane, Cassie, Bette, Nabil, Oren, Caleb, June."

"Ok."

"And then I took the knife out and Bette and I drove down to Emerald Bay to throw it in there. We didn't think anyone would find it since it was so far away from here."

"Ok." James nodded.

"Please don't be mad."

"I'm not mad peanut. I told you that and what happened was an accident. You all didn't mean for it to happen right?" Carla nodded. "Ok. I'll handle this ok. Don't worry about it."

"Thanks dad."

James smiled, kissing his daughter's forehead. "Love you peanut."

"Love you too."

✄-----------------------------

INTRODUCING 

Robert Downey Jr as James Chalamet AND Gweyneth Paltrow as Claudia Chalamet