SEVEN

"It's been a minute since we've talked." Shane said to his friend. "Not making time for me anymore?"

Carla chuckled and shook her head. "Never. I've just been busy."

"With?"

Carla shrugged. "I don't know. I'm just really lost and confused right now."

"How come?" Shane asked.

"I don't know. I just feel so guilty with what happened and I don't know how much longer I can keep this in before I explode." Carla admitted.

"It's ok Carls." Shane assured his friend. "What happened to Costa was tragic, yes. But he hurt too many people that you cared for. And if he was still here, he would be destroying our lives right now."

"But yet he isn't here but I still feel like he's ruining all our lives."

Shane sighed, not liking how his friend looks right now. "You know what you need?"

"What?"

"Some dick."

"Shane."

"What? Sex is a great stress reliever."

Carla chuckled. "I get plenty of dick thank you very much."

Shane put his hands up in defense. "Ok ok I believe you. Have you and Neveah talked since what she said?"

Carla shook her head. "Nope."

"But yet you guys live together."

"Not anymore."

"What?"

"Yeah apparently she asked to change rooms. Bette lives with me now."

"Oh shit." Shane laughed. "I still don't know how you guys are friends."

Carla shrugged. "Me neither. But I feel like she gets me the most."

Shane laughed harder. "Oh man. Oren's nightmare. His current girlfriend being friends with his ex girlfriend. Awkward."

"It's only awkward if you actually think about it."

"You right. So what's the plan?"

"Plan?"

Shane nodded. "What's the plan to deal with this bitch?"

"Uh, I don't have one."

"What?"

"We're not doing anything yet until she strikes first."

"But she did strike first."

"By doing what?"

Shane was surprised his best friend didn't know. "She asked Oren out for lunch."