TWENTY-ONE

Carla was not feeling it. All she wanted to do was curl up in a little ball on her bed and cry. Oren hasn't replied to any of her texts. She didn't know what came in him to say those things. 

Is that how he truly felt about that girl?

The conversation she had with Detective Cruz was clouding her mind. She told her dad what happened and he said he'll do everything he can to get her name off the list. Oh yeah, her name was on the list. She didn't know why or how. But more stress added to her pile.

Today was audition day. Carla hated it. She knew her and Shane practiced enough and had the chance to get the leads, but Carla was too distracted. She needed to figure things out so she doesn't ruin it for Shane. As much as she didn't want to do anything, her best friend really wanted the role, so she needed to stay focused to get this for him.

The pair was going last which made Carla more anxious. You would think going first was a nightmare, but not for Carla. She wanted to go first. To get things over with. And to not have to look at her boyfriend flirting with her worst nightmare.

Carla watched her boyfriend get into position. She tried her best to fight back the conversation they had a few days ago. She wanted to give the boy the benefit of the doubt. He was already dealing with his eating disorder coming back. He probably didn't mean to take it out on her.

"Holy shit." Shane said as Carla felt numb from head to toe. "No fucking way. It can't be."

There was Oren and Josie dancing the routine Carla came up with that both her and Shane agreed to dance to. This was not a coincidence. This was planned.

"What's wrong?" Nabil asked the two. Him and Neveah were the closest to them.

"That's our routine." Carla said, not taking her eyes off the stage.

"What?" Neveah asked.

"It can't. It just can't be."

"What the hell do we do Carls. We're next and we can't do that because clearly that's their routine now." Shane said, freaking out.

Carla didn't know what to do. She couldn't think about anything right now. All she could do is watch her boyfriend dance a routine that was hers. And with a girl that wasn't her.

Everyone applauded as the two finished their routine.

"Last but not least. Shane McRae and Carla Chalamet." Master Brooks announced.

The two got out of their seats and walked backstage. They did some last minute stretches before Carla said to the boy. "We're doing your routine."