τριάντα δύο | adlegatio

Start bij het begin

"What the fuck was that supposed to mean?" I hotly whispered, leaning away from him and cocking my head to the side.

"You aren't a were and you don't have basic combat skills Ivory, so I'm not quite sure why you're confused by that" he snapped back at me.

"So I'm just meant to give up" I replied.

"I didn't say that"

"You don't have to Theo, your eyes and tone are enough"

He turned immediately, squinting his eyes as he scoffed, "Zach" he said, irritated.

"What?"

"You don't have to Zach"

I brushed him away, "thought I said Theo"

His eyes looks pensive for a minute as though he wanted to say something again but instead, he resolved to a stern shake of his head, "you didn't" he paused, "your plan is good but we'll need to make it more robust if we stand a chance".

I sighed and awkwardly looked away. We remained in a bout of silence for a few moments.

"I'm sorry for earlier, it's just that Theo and I, we-" my chin was quivering, "I can't help thinking all this is my fault"

"AHH" he huffed loudly, "excuse my rudeness, but Ivory, please fucking snap out of this! It's like being around a drunk, mopey ambition-less person. Fucking hell, your emotions are extreme and not all what we need from our de facto leader"

I glanced at him, "I'm sorry. I'm just trying to grapple with my guilt"

"Well, we're not the people to absolve it from you. This is solely between you and Theo"

"I know" I acquiesced.

"You keep trying to carry this story everywhere, whether its directly with trying to tell this story or indirectly with your body language, the hunched shoulders and drooping neck and its awful for morale. For God's sake, these people look up to you, I look up to you, and if you cannot handle your private business, privately, you are a penetrable wall".

"I said I know"

"Good"

The stubborn part of me was wrestling to argue with him as to what right he had to speak to me like that, especially as his Luna but the other, more rational part of me knew what was he saying was true. Mason seemed to have the upper hand because I was still simple Ivory - bitchy and emotional and then acting like a Luna as opposed to actually being one. But, until now, that had made sense. Act like a Luna only when you need to, but for people that had always looked up to their Lunas and leaders, it just didn't cut it.

I took a deep breath.

"Guys!" I shouted pounding my fist on the cage as they all gaped at me, "I need your help. I think I know how we're going to escape".

They stared at me for a few moments and looked at each other, bewildered.

"Look, I know I'm not the best messenger and my time here is a drop in the ocean compared to your experiences but if we stay here, we're just sitting ducks"

"What is your plan?" one asked.

"Cora? Right?" I asked, confirming her name, "Cora, I think my Alpha - Theo is nearby, if Mason's reaction upstairs is anything to go by" I revealed, "I am also aware that most of you are not affiliated with any pack and that has made you and your wolf more vulnerable to wolves like Mason and though I don't want this to seem transactional at all, if we are successfulI I know that Alpha Theo will welcome you"