[151] CONTRACT MARRIAGE - Dec 5 2021

Start from the beginning

Jimin frowns "...who really are you?"

"Jungkook..." Jungkook stands up extending his hand "...Jeon Jungkook"

**

Jimin was against the marriage but eventually agrees when he sees Mr Jeon almost faint when he rejects the proposal. Jimin doesn't tell the man how Jungkook had come to find him earlier to talk about the contract marriage.

Soon the two get married and stay in an apartment that Mr Jeon gives them. They sleep separately as to them this is just a contract marriage.

**

Jungkook starts working at the company and Jimin continues working there as well. Jimin soon starts taking care of the man. Even though it is not a real marriage, Jimin wanted to make Jungkook feel comfortable around him as long as they lived together. Jimin found it weird to not even act civil with his roommate and boss at their home.

Jimin would make Jungkook's favorite meals (asking Mr Jeon of course) and insist the man to eat them daily. Jimin did the man's laundry and cleaned his room. Jungkook never asked Jimin to do it but he didn't stop Jimin either, somehow he liked Jimin giving him attention. Something about Jimin made the man miss his mom's care.

**

Jungkook returns home that night drunk and wet from the rain. Today was his mother's death anniversary and he had spent a couple of hours in front of her grave, alone.

"Jungkook! Oh God! You are burning up!" Jimin panics when he saw Jungkook collapse to the floor as soon as the man entered the apartment

Jimin took care of the man the whole night and comforted Jungkook as he slept with thoughts of his dead mom.

**

"Mom... I miss you... take me with you... please don't leave me..."

The night of his mom's death kept haunting Jungkook

"I'm here... I will always be here... cry as much as you want... I will never leave you...... I promise.. " Jimin comforts the man, hugging Jungkook as Jimin climbed into bed with him

Later,

Jungkook feels embarrassed about how he broke down in front of Jimin

"You don't have to be here with me... I'm fine now..."

"I promised you I won't leave you...if nothing else, consider me a dear friend... I want to be there for you... not because you are my husband... but because we are humans who need another in times of pain.. I know how it is to lose a parent... so trust me when I say this pain one day will also pass...." Jimin says genuinely as he squeezes the man's hands gently before replacing the wet cloth on Jungkook's forehead

Jungkook sighed in content, already relaxing into Jimin's caring touch

**

Jungkook starts to appreciate Jimin's loving care towards him and in a matter of their 7 months of marriage, they make love.

The two had started hanging out together - watching movies, cooking and shopping together. They were definitely friends - that's what they told themselves when they were together.

Once, they were cleaning the apartment together, deciding what to throw and keep.

"This is in perfect condition, why throw?" Jimin wonders as he inspects the shirts Jungkook had set aside to throw

"I don't need them anymore... it's too tight for me..." Jungkook then notices Jimin looking at the clothes intently "...why don't you try it and see?"