[55] MY EX BEST FRIEND IS A MAFIA - April 18 2021

"Jimin … I love you… will you be my boyfriend?" A shy Jungkook asks Jimin nervously 

Jimin and Jungkook were good friends in high school. Jungkook really liked the boy and by Jimin's mannerisms, Jungkook was sure the boy liked him back

Jimin is surprised at the confession and he could feel his own heart break when he says the next words 

"I'm sorry Jungkook… I can't return your feelings…" and with that Jimin walks away from a heart broken Jungkook 

**
Jungkook was an orphan but he was smart and that's how he was able to survive and provide for himself. The orphanage he was at, helped but not that much. Jungkook dropped out of his last year of school after Jimin's rejection.  Jimin was upset when he came to know from the orphanage that Jungkook had left. 

**
4 years later, Jimin has already graduated college and is working as a junior in publishing. He did long hours and worked for himself. Jimin only had his mom growing up and she was diagnosed with cancer at the time when Jungkook had proposed to him. Jimin loved Jungkook back but Jimin was now solely responsible for his mom and her health. She couldn't work anymore, her hospital bills were too high. Jimin had to struggle to keep up a good grade and work on the side. He never told anyone his problems. He didn't want to show himself as weak in front of anyone. Jimin didn't want people to misuse his situation. Jimin knew he couldn't drag a poor boy like Jungkook into the mess he was in right then. He thought it would be better that they stay friends. Jimin had no idea that Jungkook would completely quit school and their friendship. Jimin didn't have Jungkook when he needed him the most. Jimin's mom passed away the year after he had graduated school. 

**
Jungkook wanted to be rich for Jimin. He thought Jimin didn't want him because he was nowhere in life. No family and no money. The easiest way for him to make money was to risk his life and he was willing to do that. He only liked one person in his life and that person rejected him. Jungkook didn't feel life worth living anymore. But he wasn't ready to give up on Jimin. He was determined to make the boy his - with love, with money, with power or by force. 

Jungkook became the mafia boss's favorite member. 

**
Jungkook stalked Jimin throughout his college days. He watched Jimin be close to Taehyung. He nearly wanted to kill that boy but Yoongi, one of his other teammates in the mafia discouraged him as he was interested in the boy. 

Taehyung was the only friend and family Jimin had now. Jungkook couldn't wait for Jimin to finally finish college so that he can propose to Jimin again. 

Jungkook had heard from Yoongi, who managed to woo Taehyung, that his lover had told him that Jimin still loved Jungkook. It seems Jimin trusted Taehyung a lot and had told him his entire life story. 

Jungkook smirked hearing that - that means Jimin loved him so much that he didn't want to burden Jungkook. 

Jungkook wanted to meet Jimin after Jimin graduated so that the boy could be free from college responsibilities and be his stay at home boyfriend 

But due to an urgent mission he had to complete in Daegu, Jungkook wasn't able to meet Jimin after the graduation and the boy went on to be a junior at Lee Publishing. 

Jungkook was upset at that. He didn't want Jimin to work. Jungkook had enough money now for both himself, Jimin and their future kids. 

**

Jungkook didn't know how to approach the boy now. The graduation would have been a good excuse to reconnect and so he continues his stalking. 

Jungkook was standing in the shadows when Jimin was about exit the building after work. That's when Mr Lee calls the boy back up to the office. Jungkook follows Jimin up.