Chapter 15

"Pleasure to meet you Chairman Sakayanagi." I said while bowing.

"You are like what I imagined you to be. Lets start from the obvious, Your class has achieved a completely unbelievable feat. I congratulate you for that Ayanokouji-kun."

"Thank you sir." I said with a slight smile on my face. He then become serious as his face suggesting it.

"One of the main reasons I called you here is to inform you that your room is being checked for any illegal substances and I can assure you that is not a normal scan, It is a complete ultraviolet scan done by professionals." That is troublesome if it is true... Even if it were to be true then I don't have a reason to panic at all. He was trying to read my reaction to his statement but my expression didn't change from when I entered. He looks straight at me for 1 minute. He sighed and said

"Highschoolers this days are really... ,Okay. The personals will inform me soon about the result, I hope you didn't do what I am suspecting."

"What are suspecting Chairman Sakayanagi?" I know for sure what it is.

"You caused the expulsion of Yahiko Totsuka from the former Class A... That is what I am suspecting." He tried to read my reaction again but my slight smile akin to a smug didn't change at all.

"... The second thing I summoned you here for, I want you to join the student council." I am not ready for that yet but a place in the student council would be good specially the president role. The reason I hide in the shadows of my puppet and subjects is because it is the most effective measure to build momentum but it doesn't mean it is the most efficient option. Once I built up my base and power I no longer need to hide in the shadows but now is not the time.

"I humbly refuse your request sir. I don't think I am ready for that." I told him honestly. He was visibly shaken but composed him self in an instant.

"In what regard do you think you are not ready?"

"Its somewhat vague." That was me dodging his question.

"Even if I don't think you were honest I will let it pass." He said with a exhausted expression.

"We will talk more in the futu-" His phone rang interupting him. He answered the phone and after 1 minute of talk he end the call.

"Ayanokouji-kun I have some bad news for you. The team found traces of illegal substances in your room." Now that's troublesome. Despite his statement my face was the same as when I entered the office, a slight smile akin to a smug.

"How troublesome. But I don't think what you said is the truth."

"Why do you think that?" He said grinning. I then took my phone out of my pocket and played the audio recording I just received now.
It contained a section of the talk Chairman Sakayanagi and a man had just minutes ago. The chairman was shoked beyond my expectations.

"How did you...?"

"That doesn't matter now. As we heard in this recording the man said the results are 'negative' so that contradicts what you said doesn't it?"

"... Yes. I was testing you that's all. Sorry if I disturbed you by any chance." He said with a wry smile.

"Then can I make my leave sir?" He nods

"You can leave now." I stood up my seat and get out of the chairman office. He was eying me the whole time. After I closed the door I decided to wait there hiding my presence. I then heard the chairman sigh and say

"...That smile... That damn smile..."

***************************************

After the predicament in the chairman's office, I went to a shop where girls usually go to buy beauty accessories. My purpose was to buy a gift for Eno-senpai. I waited for the shop to be less crowded a made my entrance. I was greeted by the eyes of some female students but they returned to what they were doing.
I then ask a clerk to help me choose a hair clip to buy. There I noticed Ichinose staring at a hair clip which seems expensive. I didn't care what was wrong about her but I saw a very interesting face of her. A desperate, somber and contrite filled expression, one of the best emotions to exploit. I walk to her and say