Chapter 13

Only 5 days were left for the midterm exams to start and our class is doing well. The academically weaker students improved by a significant degree but still got a long way to go. The math teacher ends the class and walks out of the classroom. We were going to walk out the classroom too since the class was dismissed but Ryuuen and his followers enter the class before any one can exit. Students of class D started murmuring but Horikita was the one to break the silence.

"What do you want Ryuuen-kun?"

"Nothing specific but I wanted to talk to you." Horikita was silent for a moment but replied after 5 seconds

"Okay. What do you want to talk about?"

"Maybe about you?" At that moment my classmates was going to go out of the classroom but Ryuuen's followers blocked their way. They were intimidated by them but Ryuuen raised his hand to his followers which promoted them to go out of the way of my classmates.
Horikita who was watching this asked

"Are those your puppets? You got to be kidding me." That made one of his followers glare at Horikita. You are not different from them Horikita.

"Thank you. Now jokes aside, you are the one who invoked the expulsion of Yahiko of class B aren't you?" Horikita was genuinely confused to what he was saying. So he figured it out huh...

"What are you saying?"

"Horikita you don't look that dumb so don't play it. You deliberately expelled a student from class B to reduce class points of that class."

"I didn't do such a thing."

"It seems you don't want to admit." Ryuuen said while shaking his head and smirking.

"But still I like your ways, you showed those good for nothing 'elites' their place." Horikita didn't reply and tried to get out of the classroom but Ryuuen grabbed her wrist.

"You look cute on the surface but you are just a cruel plotter." He said his smirk not wavering.
He then let go Horikita and walks out of the room. Then only me and Horikita were left.

"What was he talking about? I am sure you know something Ayanokouji." She said with a serious face. If I tell her she would probably avoid me or worse malfunction. I don't want my puppets to malfunction.

"Unfortunately I don't know what he is talking about." She eyed me suspiciously and we continued like that for 30 seconds. And she sighed looking exhausted.

"You need to rest Horikita, you look exhausted. Don't overthink it." I said as I caressed her brow around her hairline.
She looks up to me and removed my hand from her forehead and hold my hand with hers

"Are you sure you don't know anything?"

"I told you I don't know nothing." I said while gripping her hand a little tighter.

"Let's go Horikita." We then walk to the dormitories. Our walk was silent as none of spoke.

"Horikita, do you have to tutor today?"

"Yes I have."

"How about you cancel it for today?"

"What? Why?"

"Just do it. You will not regret it."

"What are you planning?"

"Please just do it. You have an important thing to experience today."

"What is it?" I didn't reply but she started a call using her phone and seems like she cancelled the tutoring she was going to supervise today.

"So what now?"