~ Chapter Twenty-Four: Together For A Butterfly's Cycle ~

"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty." - Mary Angelou

Song: Sunflower - Rex Orange County

It's been 8 months since your graduation. You moved out of your father's house, buying a small home in a hero neighborhood. You had a good life and money was never a problem, you gave your father half of your paycheck every month. He could reject it as many times as he wanted, but you really wanted to stay true to the promise you made yourself a long time ago, when you were 14.

You are currently 17 going to 18 soon. You helped save many lives, ranking at the number 24 hero. Even if it didn't seem like a high rank, you were still very grateful for it. To you, it didn't really matter. You can be put as the lowest hero with the lowest income and that wouldn't change a thing of what you dream of accomplishing. Saving and helping people was all you needed, but you knew the dangers of missions. No matter what, you tried to be careful but being reckless was something you had to do sometimes. It will leave you with scars and bruises, as long as you are alive, you are willing to take those hits.

You and Tamaki were having the time of your lives, you supported each other completely. He was a butt ton of ranks ahead, he had more dangerous missions and more of a risk against villains, but you knew he could pull through. He was one of the strongest in U.A. but because he also somewhat trusted his abilities, you know you did.

Both of you had rarely worked together but when you do, it's amazing. You have a hard time focusing of work, you can just look at your boyfriend forever, seeing how his eyes squint when he's focused or confused on something. The way his hair flows every so perfectly in the wind, how the tip of his ears and nose dust a light red from the cold. You wouldn't ask for anything better.

You've been together through it all. Sadness, happiness, worries, and when things got a bit heated. Yes, it has happened between you too, but it never went over the boundaries. You each had spaces of your own, having a sense of freedom whenever one was with the other. You spent most of your free days reading or observing the butterflies in your yard. That's usually when Tamaki doesn't have the same resting days as you, but when that does happen, sleep. It's all that happens with you two, you stay in bed and only get up when you each get bored of lying-in bed.

Good times, in the incubator room that held most of your butterfly cocoons was a favorite place to hang out between you both. You saw the cycle of a butterfly's life from the laying of eggs, all the way to when they exit the cocoon and then let free out in the wild.

Like a butterfly's cycle, you were once a caterpillar. A small creature, you were barley in middle school and took the U.A. entrance exams. You entered the cocoon when you got accepted in the prestigious school. You stayed resting and developing for three years, finally getting out and flying to the big world. The best thing, was that you never had to do it alone...