~ Chapter Twenty-One: Cuddles & Kisses ~

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." - Dolly Parton

Song: talk is overrated - Jeremy Zucker

It was the amazing day that is Saturday which means you have no work, no training, and no Tamaki, but without him things weren't as fun. You texted him in the morning asking if he wanted to come over to your house, all that was left to do was wait for a response.

You walked out of your room, heading for the kitchen. Your father was making some breakfast, you sat down at the table where your food was waiting. Your father sat down across from you, beginning to eat his breakfast.

"Papa"

"Hm?" Your father hummed, wiping his mouth with a napkin

"I asked Tamaki, if he wanted to come over today. I wanted to know if it was okay with you"

"Of course, is this Tamaki your friend?"

"Yes, well he's more like my boyfriend-"

Your father almost choked on his food, looking up at you with shocked eyes. He cleared his throat, cleaning his mouth.

"You have a boyfriend?"

"Um, yes"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was going to tell you, I just wanted to have some time to adjust with the whole thing"

"Mm, alright. You're lucky I'm so laidback about it"

"Thank you, papa,"

You cleaned your plate after finishing breakfast. You walked back into your room changing into some gray sweats and a light blue tee. You checked your phone, seeing a message from Tamaki.

Tamaki 💜
Sure, when should I come over
Is your dad okay with it?

You
Yeah, my dad's okay with it
You can come whenever you feel more comfortable with
I'll be here waiting~

Tamaki 💜
Okay, I'll be there in a couple minutes, what's your address again?

You told him your address and he told you he would be there in a while. You put your phone back down on the counter near your bed, flopping into the large blankets of your unkept sleeping space. You stayed there for a while before getting up and tiding your room.

You also swept around the house, making sure things were in the correct place. You couldn't have your dad's cringy soap opera disks laying around in the microwaves top. You swear to god you'd throw them out if they continued to be misfits. You wiped the table and fixed the cushions of the large gray couch that sat in the living room.

After a couple of minutes, you heard the doorbell ring followed by two small knocks. You put the broom back in its place, brushing your clothes before opening the door. Just as you expected, there was Tamaki at the doorway. He handed you a small purple flower as you moved to the side letting him in. You grabbed the flower, lifting it up to your nose. You smelled the flower's amazing scent as it brought you to a sense of tranquility.

"Thank you, Tamaki, it's beautiful"

"I spotted it on my way over here, it reminded me of you, so I thought you'd like it" he said, playing with his hands. You set the flower down on the dining table, grabbing Tamaki's hands in your own. Your body bent down, your eyes looking up to meet his gaze.

"You were right, I do like it. I love it as a matter of fact" you said, giving his cheek a butterfly kiss.

His face heated up, still not accustomed to this new feeling of affection. He felt like he could just melt in your arms and stay there forever. You smiled to him, patting his cheek where you kissed.

You held his hand, bringing him to your room. You introduced him to your father, to your luck, they both got along great. Tamaki was nervous, scared that he would get the talk, but he didn't, your father felt it was better for the two of you to figure out your own boundaries. He told you that he would be heading to the store, run errands, and go to a meeting from his work and would be back later. You agreed, you and Tamaki walking into your room.

He looked around your room, it was a light color of beige with a variety of fake butterflies that hung from your ceiling and fairy lights which were hung over your large bed. A white shelf sat over your desk that had paint splotches and stickers on it, it held books and stuffed animals from your childhood.

You sat on your bed, patting the spot next to you so Tamaki could sit down too. He walked over slowly, climbing on the comfy mattress. He sat next to you, still looking around the room, you had so much things, but it was all organized which didn't make it looked crowded and full.

You scooted closer to him, your arms brushing against each other lightly. You turned your head to look at him,

"Do you want to watch something?" you asked, motioning towards the old television box in your room.

"Does it actually play anything?" he asked, looking confused, glancing at the tv

"Of course, it does, I know it looks old, but it still plays movies and channels."

"Oh, okay. If you want to"

"I'm asking if you want to, if you don't then that's totally fine with me. We can do something else, something you want to do"

"Mm, I'm fine with watching a movie with you...but can we also..."

"Also, what?"

Tamaki looked away from you, he felt the heat rush through his body and up to his face. He wanted to ask if you wanted to cuddle but he was nervous of what'd you say. He sucked his nerves, turning his body to face yours. He shifted his body, going in between your legs and wrapping his arms around your waist. The side of his face pressed against your stomach, you stared down at him eyes wide from the sudden change of position.

"I wanted to cuddle" he mumbled,

"Hm?"

He lifted his head, chin supporting his head. He looked into your E/C eyes, repeating himself in a small voice

"I wanted to cuddle with you" he said, giving you puppy eyes

"Awe, of course we can cuddle Tama"

You wrapped your arms around him, bringing you head down to sprinkle small kisses all over pale skin. He kept telling you to stop but you knew he enjoyed it, you placed one of his forehead, both cheeks, and on his nose. You smiled at him, returning your smile with a small one of his own. You leaned down, setting a small peck on his lips.

You parted, blush dusting both of your cheeks. Tamaki's face turned a flaming red color, hiding his face from you. You let out a small laugh, running your hands through his messy indigo locks.

"I hope that wasn't too the top"

"No, it's okay...I liked it, I like kissing you sunshine"

"Hm, yeah...I liked it too"

Tamaki lifted his head, both of you leaning in for another ghost kiss as the two of you got comfortable in bed. You each closed your eyes, falling into a calming silence as you both fell asleep in each other's arms.