~ Prologue ~

You were always looking at the positive outlooks of the world. Even though it's full of sickness, poverty, selfishness, and villains, you never thought of the world as bad. You thought of it as a never-ending place where growth happens; plants grow, animals grow, so why can't people too?

Well, when the first occurrence of quirks happened. Y'know with the child that glowed and radiated with light? Yeah, well when quirks started appearing so did the number of crimes that are happening throughout the world, especially in Japan. Quirks gave people this power that can range from the most powerful to the least powerful, some use it for good and some use it for bad, or they use it in everyday survival of the somewhat wonderful place called Earth.

With these powers comes thugs and villains. Wherever you find thugs and villains, you'll find the authorities and heroes. Ah, yes, heroes. More specifically the profession of heroism that pays well and gives you something everyone likes, fame. Only those with the flashiest of quirks can become heroes with fame, trust me.

Anyone can become a hero; the gist is, is your quirk truly made for it? Can your quirk work to protect bystanders and fight off the inevitable? Becoming a hero is a job almost every child wants; to fight the baddies and be the one to get the credit for saving people.

Behind all those facades, we're all human. No matter what, we are still people beneath the shiny costumes.

But back to you, young Y/N L/N wants nothing but to become a hero. To rescue people and give them someone to look up to, it's almost everything you could ask for.

You lived a simple life; you had a nice home in Musutafu. You had friends, you were friendly and kind to everyone around you, and you had your father. Your mother passed away in a train accident, villains hijacked the train's system making it fall off the tracks and hit a building nearby. A total of around 1,000 passengers and your mother was one of them. Heroes saved a big majority of them, but your mother's body was soon found under many pieces of rubble and debris, she sadly didn't make it, but you never blamed the heroes, it wasn't as if she was the only one killed in the crash. You did put fault at the villains, you usually wouldn't if they truly had a good reason for causing destruction across the bright streets of Japan. You'll always try and not pick sides; in the end we already know who'll win.

Your father wanted to become a hero, he wanted to save people like you. His quirk is called Radiation; he can take any form of heat and radiate it on and off anything, using it to his advantage. Simple quirk but he believed he could save people and stop evil with it. He wanted to attend U.A. High, the best hero school in the world you would assume. Its acceptance rate was very slim, and you could only get in two ways; by passing both exams, written and physical or recommendations. Getting in from recommendations pretty much only happened to the richer families who could afford it and hero families. Your father made an attempt and took both exams to have a chance to be accepted at U.A. He passed the written portion with flying colors, but the practical or physical exam was where things started going downhill.

While fighting some of the faux villains, he went over his limit and instead of getting backlash from it, he lost complete control. He radiated and brought down buildings, he injured a couple of other piers who were in the same battling center as he was. Overall, he destroyed much of the school's property and was told it'd be best to not use his quirk at full power so he wouldn't be the cause of more destruction to those around him. He was disappointed in himself for not handling the situation like a hero. He never wanted that to happen again, so he decided to not use his quirk at all.

He knew he wouldn't get a second chance to retry so he settled. He found a respectable paying job and always had something to offer for those in need. He found the simple lifestyle calm and refreshing.

You remembered the story of how he met your mom, small greetings to one another that turned into finding empathy and love.

He was walking to work when he saw your mother at a children's daycare center, she was making gorgeous figures out of light. You remembered him telling you that once your father saw your mother, he felt as though he could stare at her forever. Which to you now, is still very romantic with a touch of creepiness. Once she noticed, your mother used her free hand to smile and wave at your father as he gave her a smile and nod in return, continuing his journey to work. The more they ran into each other, the more they talked and spent time together.

A couple years later and they got married, bought their dream house, and had you.

You were so precious to them; you were like their ray of sun that came out after a gloomy day. It was home.

Now, you were going to live out the dream your father never could; you would become a hero. A great one at that, you'd make your dad proud, and your mother would smile from heaven. You woke up each day of each year happier, you were almost at the age where most kids take the entrance exams to get into U.A. You were on step one of accomplishing your final goal. With your knowledge from junior high and at home studying, you were prepared for the worst and best that can come from life. You were now exploring the world differently, now leaving your cocoon that was your house, junior high, the library, and the park.

Like a butterfly when they first lift off in the bright blue sky...