Chapter 16

My dad dragged me out of the Kill Ring with a furious look on his face. He didn't say anything as he took me to the Great Hall. I couldn't respond if he did anyways since I was still crying so much.

He pried open the door with his free hand and threw me to the ground, closing the door behind him. I struggled to get up while I was trying to stop the tears flowing down my face.

"I should have known." My dad said as I was getting up. "I should have seen the signs."

I glared at him as I wiped away the tears and sniffled.

"You barely pay attention to me unless something bad happens anyways!" I stated, anger taking root in me over the sorrow.

He glared back with his fists clenched.

"Watch your tone with me boy!"

"Oh well excuse me for being in pain from seeing my best friend get locked up right in front of me!" I said sarcastically.

"We had a deal son!" My dad argued.

"Of which you forced me into! I told you that I wanted no part in Dragon Training and you wouldn't listen to me! You never listen to me!"

"You wanted to be part of it for years!"
"Yeah, well that changed! I changed Dad! I was shown the truth! Dragons are not what we thought! They're just like us!"

"They are nothing like us Hiccup! They have killed HUNDREDS of us!"

"And we've killed THOUSANDS of them! They steal because they have to! They're forced to feed their queen! If they don't bring back enough food, then they'll be eaten themselves! Their queen is like nothing you've ever seen Dad! She's larger than the Great Hall!" I exclaimed. My dad's eyes widened.

"You've been to the Nest?" He asked.

I froze in place and cleared my throat. "Um..y-yeah..but it wasn't intentional. Toothless and I got too close to the fog and the queen dragged us in. Look, you can't win this one Dad. She's way too big. She'll kill everyone!"

"Oh, stop being dramatic son! No dragon can be the size of the Great Hall and kill us! You just want to keep your Night Fury safe!"

I groaned and pulled my hands down my face.

"You're not listening to me! Going to the Nest is a suicide mission! You'll get everyone killed!"

My dad just turned towards the doors and opened them.

"READY THE SHIPS!" He yelled out.

"What would Mom say?!" I shouted, very irritated that my dad wasn't listening to anything I just told him. He froze and looked at me.

"What?" He asked.

"What. Would. Mom. Say?" I said again, my fists clenched at my sides. "What would she say to you about treating me like this? Treating me like a disgrace. Making me feel like a nobody. Making me feel like my opinion means nothing!"

Tears started to form in my eyes again as I looked at him. He was completely still.

It was silent between us for a minute, then he glared at me.

"You have no right to bring your mother into this."

"Oh really?! Like I have no right in choosing what I can do with my life?! Face it Dad! I'm just like Mom and you hate that, don't you?! You hate that she was taken by that Stormcutter when I was a baby! And you hate that it didn't take me instead! Admit it!"

My dad just squared his shoulders and lifted his head in his chiefly way.

"You've thrown your lot in with them. You're not a Viking. You're not my son." He declared, then turned to walk away.

"FINE! You were the worst father anyway! Gobber was more of a father to me than you ever were! When I get Toothless back, you'll never see me again!"

Stoick didn't say anything else as the Great Hall doors closed behind him.

~~~HTLANF~~~