Chapter 19

After the battle ended and everyone found out Hiccup was alive, they needed to figure out a way to get everyone back to Berk.

They searched for a boat that was intact enough to sail back home with. Surprisingly there was one that was resting on shore that was a bit of a distance away from the remains of the other boats. There wasn't a single scratch on the entire thing.

While the Vikings were getting the boat ready for departure, Kala, Stoick, and Gobber were focused on Hiccup.

~~~HTLANF~~~
Stoick gave Hiccup back to me and I held him close to my chest with a forepaw to keep him in place and give reassurance. He was still out cold and most likely wouldn't wake for quite some time.

"Alright dragon. We need you to keep him calm and in place while we amputate his leg. With the condition it's in..he may not make it back to Berk in time." Stoick instructed as he tied a cloth around the uninjured part of Hiccup's leg to stop the bleeding.

I nodded in understanding and warmed up my body a bit more while purring. Hiccup cuddled closer to me with a happy sigh as Stoick tightened the cloth to stop the blood flow then lifted Hiccup's right leg to give a clear path to his left one. He looked at Gobber and nodded.

Gobber nodded in return and used his axe prosthetic to take off the injured part of Hiccup's leg.

Even though he was unconscious, Hiccup could still feel the pain and he clutched onto me tightly as he held in a pained scream.

I whined and held him closer to me as Stoick wrapped up his new stump to keep it from getting infected or bleeding out.

"That should do it for now. When we get back to Berk, we'll take him to Gothi immediately to get this properly cleaned." Stoick explained as he finished wrapping up Hiccup's injury.

I kept Hiccup close and started to purr again to calm him down. I could feel a fever kicking in, so I lowered my body heat to keep his fever from getting worse.

"Chief! The ship's ready!" Spitelout shouted as he was ushering Vikings to board.

"Aye! Get ready to set sail!" Stoick answered as he picked up Hiccup.

Gobber made his way to the boat as I stood from my lying position on the ground. I nudged Stoick and motioned for him to put Hiccup on my back. He was reluctant at first, but slowly nodded and laid my intended on my back.

I purred softly and gently made my way onto the boat, Stoick right behind me. The Vikings on the boat avoided me as I made my way to a corner to lie down. Stoick noticed what I was doing and lifted Hiccup off my back, then gave him to me when I was in a comfortable lying position.

I pulled him close to me and hid him from view with my wings and I kept an eye on everyone as the boat set sail for Berk. The teens and their dragons led the way by air.

~~~HTLANF~~~