Chapter 8

Author POV

They were both talking about each other's love life until they both heard Jaehyun's phone getting a notification. Ding!

He looks at his phone to check who texted him. It was...Jungwoo.

Jaehyun immediately opened the chat to see what the young one sent him. As he was reading through, tears were streaming down his face. Hana looks at him with concern.

"What's wrong Jaehyun?"

Jaehyun dropped his phone, covering his face with his hands and started sobbing. Hana didn't say anything and hugged him instead. Silence filled the place. Only Jaehyun's sobs were heard.

It took 10 minutes for him to calm down until he finally started speaking.

"H-he's moving" he stuttered.

Hana gave him a piece of kleenex. Jaehyun wiped his tears and nose.

"Moving where?" Hana asked.
"He's m-moving to C-Canada. He's leaving me." Jaehyun continued to break down.

Hana made an O shaped with her mouth and hugs Jaehyun after. Patting his back, telling him that it was all going to be okay. Eventually, Jaehyun fell asleep in Hana's arms. He was tired from all that crying not realizing his eyes were drifting of to dreamland. Hana sighed as she put Jaehyun's arms around her neck, trying to carry him off to bed.

Struggling but Hana managed to put him to bed. She changes Jaehyun into his pajamas, it wasn't weird at all since they've done it before. Hana sighed once again after she finished. She head towards the bathroom to do her routine and came back to the bed and lay down beside Jaehyun. Soon after she drifted off to sleep.

On the other hand...

Jungwoo was walking around the streets. Crying as he kept walking. He felt someone following from behind so he wiped his tears and looked back. He found a GMC car.

Jungwoo ignored it and continued to walk. He took a glance back and the car was still following him. He started asking faster this time until the car was moving in front of him. He stopped and stood still on the sidewalk. He waited until someone came out from the car.

"Hello Jungwoo"

"Good e-evening Mrs. Jung" he bowed.

"I see what you've been doing to my son. Making him rebel against his family" Mrs. Jung said sternly.

Jungwoo was shock at what she said. "I'm not doing such thing-"

"Cut the crap Jungwoo. I know you only want money from my son. So here take this and move away from here. Please, I only want the best for my son." Mrs. Jung said as she hands Jungwoo an envelope.

"One more thing, you're not working at the orphanage again" she added.

There were tears in Jungwoo's eyes. He opened the envelope and see a cheque. He covered his mouth with his hand as he saw the amount of the cheque. It was $500,000.

"I-I can't -t-take this Mrs. Jung" he tried to give it back to the elder. But it was too late. She was already walking away and back to the car. Jungwoo tried to catch her but the car was already off.

He dropped down to the ground and cried. After a few minutes, he stood up from the ground and wiped his tears. He took out his phone to see a lot of messages and calls from Jaehyun. He rolled his eyes trying not to cry again. He also saw a few messages from his friends asking where he was and quickly responded to them that he was fine.

Jungwoo's mom soon after called him. He answered: "hey mom"

"Hey darling, how are you doing there?"

"I'm fine mom, what about you and grandma?" He said trying not to make it sound like he was crying.

"I'm great, as well as your grandma, by the way dear I'm going to be staying here for few more weeks I think"

Jungwoo sighed in relief. If my mom stays there for a while. I might as well take a break from here and go out of the country. He thought to himself.

"Jungwoo? You still there?"

"Yeah mom, don't worry, I'll be fine here. Just take care of yourself there. Also mom, is it okay if I go out of the country for a while?"

"What? Is something wrong? I mean I won't oppose to that but if there's something wrong sweetie you can always tell me"

"No there's nothing wrong mom. I just want to take a break and go on an adventure."

"Oh of course dear. Enjoy your life out there"

"Okay, thank you mom. I love you."

"I love you too dear. I'll see you when you get back okay. Bye, take care"

"You too mom. Bye"

Jungwoo ended the call and starts to walking home. Along the walk he thought of texting Jaehyun.

Jaehyun

Hey Jaehyun.
I'm sorry for running out of the restaurant earlier . I just couldn't take the humiliation anymore.

It's okay though. You don't need to apologize. It's not your fault. I'm okay, sorry for worrying you.

Thank you for being nice to me all these days since we got closer. I just want to let you know that I'll be moving to Canada.

And no, don't blame yourself, it's my decision to go. I just don't want to trouble you anymore. You even got into an argument with your parents because you defended me and I couldn't be more grateful for that.

I just wish you a happy life, I'm sorry I won't be able to attend your wedding. I know you're going to treat her right.

Goodbye Jaehyun.

Jungwoo closes down his phone and put it in his pockets. He wiped his tears and walk home.

As he got home, he started packing his things. As he was packing, he thought of all the things that happened today.

I can't lie if I say I'm not hurt. Of course it hurt, it hurts like hell. Who wouldn't be hurt if someone insults you? I am mad. That old hag didn't have the right to even give me their money like what the fuck. I can manage my own. If she tells me to stay away from her son then I will. Although I do love Jaehyun. It hurts leaving him but it's for the best. I want him to be happy and for that to happen is that I have to stay away from him. Plus he's getting married. Ugh why is my life so complicated.