"Hello, dears, I hope those boys were no trouble to you...they only stopped by to pick up some documents for their business," she explained and I nodded slightly.

Then I furrowed my eyebrows. That makes, like, no sense...especially since they run a flooring business...

"How was your business trip, sweetheart?" Mrs. Ida asked Alastor suddenly, and I looked up at him.

He blinked, his eyes holding a confused expression for just a split second before he caught on and answered smoothly.

"Oh, just fine! The meetings were long and utterly boring, but other than that I had a blast," he said with a smile and Mrs. Ida let her gaze linger on him for a moment.

She glanced between us, and chuckled softly.

Then she looked back up to Alastor.

"You're not fooling me, you know," she said and immediately I almost choked on my own spit.

My eyes widened and Alastor tensed immediately.

He chuckled, "uh...what do you...what do you mean?" He asked her and she hummed.

"You think it isn't obvious...? You two are obviously smitten with each other," she finished and I let out an audible breath of relief.

"Oh! I— well...we..." he stumbled over his words, and looked down at me like 'please help me.'

Quickly I intervened, "don't be silly Mrs. Ida, we're only friends," I giggled, "he's a good friend is all," I said, waving my hand dismissively.

She nodded, but looked unconvinced.

"Whatever you say, honey..." she looked up at Alastor again, and then turned, going back to her desk.

I shook my head as she walked away.

Alastor looked down at me, and tilted his head.

"What, dear?"

I watched until Mrs. Ida sat down and then snatched Alastor's jacket sleeve and started pulling him to the farthest corner of the library.

Once we were completely alone he straightened his jacket and huffed.

"Do that one more time, I dare you," he growled and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up...there's something weird going on with Mrs. Ida..." I said in a hushed whisper. He tilted an eyebrow at me and crossed his arms behind his back.

"How so?"

I shrugged and opened my mouth but nothing came out. I glanced towards the front desk to make sure she was still there, and she was.

"She's just...I don't know, she's different now...she lived here when you did, Alastor," I said, lowering my voice even more, "I think she recognizes you..."

His eyes widened then and he glanced over his shoulder.

"Should I kill her?" He said casually and my mouth fell open.

"No!" I hissed with a little head shake at his ridiculous suggestion.

He looked back at me and then put his hands up and shrugged, "then there's nothing I can do about looking exactly the same as myself," he said sarcastically and I lowered my eyelids.

"I know that, smartass, I'm just saying I think she may be a little suspicious..." I said, my voice growing nervous. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Suspicious? Dear, suspicious of what? How could she possibly guess our situation, that's completely ridiculous," he said amusedly and I realized he is not taking my worries seriously at all.

A bit of irritation bubbled inside me and I shook my head slightly and turned away from him.

There was a moment of tense silence as he realized he upset me.

Then his voice came softly from behind me.

"Aria—" I felt his hand on my shoulder and I shrugged him off, stepping away from him a bit more, crossing my arms.

"You're right, it's stupid to worry about," I said flatly, and he sighed.

I felt his hands on my shoulders again and I tried to get him off once more but he wasn't having it that time.

He wrapped his arms around my chest and hugged me to where my back was against his front. He was holding me tightly and put his chin on my head.

"That's not what I meant, Aria..." he said softly, and my scowl slowly let up. My body melted against him and his hold loosened to a relaxed hug.

I sighed and then wrapped my arms up over his.

"I just wish you wouldn't treat my worries as if they mean nothing..." I said quietly and he tensed up slightly and then squeezed me gently. He pressed his lips into the top of my head and sighed.

After a moment of him just holding me like that he let go, then turned me back around to face him.

He was wearing a soft smile and nodded, "you're right, dear...I'm sorry...tell me why this worries you so much," he said genuinely and my irritation slowly dissipated.

I sighed and glanced to the side.

"I just...it makes me nervous to think that maybe she knows, because...I mean, you know this town is really religious, Alastor..." I said, and furrowed my brows, "and then what you told me about the exorcisms..."

His eyes widened then, and so did his smile.

"Is that it dear?" He said, a slight tone of amusement behind his words. Quickly I became irritated again and scowled at him, then watched his expression change to one of nervousness.

"Oh, no, no! Dear, I'm not dismissing you," he said quickly, keeping his voice hushed. I scoffed and crossed my arms.

He bent down and then made me look at him by grabbing my chin.

"Aria...without the proper proof, an exorcism is nearly impossible to get performed," he explained quietly, "the only reason I was so worried about it when you suggested it was because you could provide mountains of proof against me, and the church would have no issue getting their request approved by the Vatican," he finished and my eyes widened.

"Why do you know so much about exorcisms?" I asked him curiously and he smiled wider.

"Because I like to watch them."

Of course he does.

I rolled my eyes then, but smiled.

"I hope that eases your nerves, dear," he said softly and brushed his thumb over my cheek. I leaned into his touch and nodded.

"Yea...theres no way anyone could have proof against you unless they literally stalk my house...so I think we're ok," I said softly and he nodded.

"Good...now let's get out of this library, I don't like the quiet," he said, and grabbed my hand.

I waved to Mrs. Ida as we left, and her eyes followed Alastor the entire time.

And she just smiled and waved back.