13

Dean POV

Nothing happened. Absolutely nothing. Sebastian was still in a human form in my arms. I tried over and over again that we would go under the water so he would have more chances to change but he still remains as a human.

I was disappointed, I'm not going to lie.

But then I thought that maybe he was scared. Scared of how I would react if he turned to a merman and because of that he chose not to show me his true color.

Then I got this idea that I would pretend to fall in the water and hurt myself so badly that I was passing out in the water. Then Sebastian would see me floating on the surface of the water and he had to change to a merman to be able to save me. "It has to be a good idea!" I thought to myself.

So when we got up from the water I put Sebastian down on the sand next to the water. I decided that I would pretend to wash off my feet from the sand and then lose my balance and fall. I know it was childish of me and probably no one would believe this act, but I had to try.

Sebastian was looking at me the whole time and studying what I was doing. My heart was pounding so hard. "This is it." and then I turned around and 'lost' my balance and started to fall with my head first down towards the water.

I laid totally still. Didn't move an inch.

Not long after I heard sounds of splashing water. My heart was pounding even more than before. Soon I would feel him touching me, trying to save me, and then I would be able to see Sebastian as a merman.

I was waiting with excitement and soon I felt a movement against my feet. "Now it happens."

I was expected to feel Sebastian's hands on my body, trying to save me and drag me out of this water and I would be able to see him as a merman, that's it. What I didn't think about was the pain I would feel when Sebastian's hand touched my foot.

This pain was so bad that I thought I would die. It felt like my heart was being shattered into millions of pieces and my soul was slowly leaving my body.

"Oh my god, what have I done?" These feelings I'm feeling right now weren't mine but it was Sebastian's feelings.

I'm very sure that Sebastian knows what a mate is, and he knows that we are mates. And now I'm pretty sure Sebastian thought his mate just died right in front of him.

That made me think about the time in the infirmary when I turned to my werewolf form when I realized that my mate was sick and needed help and here I am playing 'dead' right in front of him.

When I started to realize what an idiot I was, I began to move. I moved my feet first so he would know I was still alive and soon after I started to raise myself up from the water.

I turned around and saw that Sebastian was still under the water so I bent down and took a good grip under his armpits and lifted him up.

He was in total panic mode, he didn't even realize that I pulled him out of the water. I hate myself just now. How could I do that to my mate? It was supposed to be an innocent act and now my mate has totally broken down thanks to me.

I walked to the sand and sat down, and I put Sebastian in my lap so we were face to face. I did the same thing he did to me in the infirmary, I reached out both my hands to his cheek and told him right from my heart "I'm so sorry." My left thumb was slowly moving from side to side in a soothing way. "I promise you that I will be a better mate from now on."