Chapter 34: Not My Fault

Start from the beginning

"May I speak to these two people, please?" She sneered.

"After I'm done," the manager replied. He stared back at both of us, frowning.

"I understand that breakups and accidents can be hard to recover from, but you seriously need to put this behind you. This only happened as a result of your selfishness," the manager concluded. "I'm not going to kick either of you two out, but I'm giving y'all a warning. If you pull one more stupid stunt, I'll forbid you for ever coming back to the Miramar Resort again. You guys got that?"

"Yes, sir..." I said quietly. Iceman just nodded.

"Okay. You guys can go talk with Ms. Dover now. Enjoy the rest of your stay here, but remember my warning."

Iceman and I nodded.

"Okay, now you guys can talk with me. A serious talk!" Karen snapped, her face red with rage. Iceman and I stood up and approached Karen.

Karen grabbed Iceman by the neck and dragged him out of the hallway. I tried my best to stay calm as I followed Ice down the hallway and into the lobby. Some people were staring at Karen as she angrily dragged Iceman back towards the stage in The Watering Hole. Why was Karen taking Iceman back to the stage? I had no clue.

Karen marched back up behind the stage and I casually followed them. Once we got back behind stage, Karen motioned Iceman to sit down. We reached the end of a weird hallway behind stage, and some stage producers were staring at us. Iceman nodded at Karen, and sat down on a blue chair. I decided to sit down next to him as well.

Karen and the stage producers didn't mind me, but they were all giving Iceman disapproving stares. I could tell they were not happy.

"So you didn't get kicked out of the hotel after all..." Karen snapped. Iceman shuddered at how mad his girlfriend was. Karen only continued to rant.

"It's fine that you're not kicked out of the hotel, Tom, but look what you did! WHY did you get infuriated at Madison? Is it because she caused some weird car-breaking thing that caused YOU to get detention? You dirty piece of sh-t! You should NEVER treat a GIRL like that! You can't just treat a girl poorly because of some accident you made, just keep it to YOURSELF! DON'T RELEASE YOUR ANGER TOWARDS MADISON IN FRONT OF A MILLION PEOPLE!!!"

At this point, Karen was full-on raging. I got a bit nervous; I felt as if she was about to turn into the Hulk. Even though she was  screaming as if Iceman was a murderer, the stage producers didn't try to calm her down. Iceman didn't even flinch when Karen raged at him. He just tried his best to stay calm.

He was calm, until Karen concluded her rant.

"Karen! Babe! I didn't mean to do that to you!" A single tear rolled down Iceman's cheek, and I didn't even try to conceal my shock.  I've never seen a man like Iceman cry. He seemed too dangerous and mature to.

"It was a mistake!" Karen mimicked in a baby voice. "ARE YOU SURE IT WAS A MISTAKE?! BECAUSE IF YOU DIDN'T HIRE MADISON, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE POURED A BUCKET OF WATER ON MY HEAD!"

"I'm sure it was a mistake!"

"LOOK WHAT YOU DID, TOM! YOU RUINED MY BEST DRESS! YOU RUINED THE ENTIRE PERFORMANCE! YOU UPSET SOME OF THE SPECTATORS! MY ENTIRE SINGING CAREER IS IN PERIL BECAUSE OF YOU!!!"

I covered my ears when Karen finished her sentence, due to how loud she was screaming. I even closed my eyes. I had a feeling Karen was going to do more than just break up with Iceman.

Suddenly, I heard even more marching. I had the courage to open my eyes to see who was going to rant at us now. I couldn't believe who it was.

It was Air Boss Johnson.