Chapter 13: Dinner

(Take My Breath Away is casually playing in the background as this is happening btw)
As the sun began setting over the horizon, the world fell silent. The only noise echoing through the California landscape was the revving of a motorcycle. That was the motorcycle belonging to none other than Maverick Mitchell (or Pete Mitchell, to be more specific). He was on his way to Madison's beach house, where he was going to have dinner. He was fine with his friend inviting him over for dinner, yet he also wondered if she invited him for dinner because of something she wanted to say.

A few minutes after leaving, Maverick arrived at Madison's house. He turned off the motor on his motorcycle, and he hopped off and started towards the porch. He ran to the front door and rang the doorbell, hearing its dong echo inside the house. He hoped Madison would answer the door.

Maverick was panting. He left a little later than he expected, and he had a feeling he didn't arrive exactly at 5:30. He quickly checked his watch on his arm to scrutinize the time, and he realized the time wasn't 5:30. It was 5:31.

"Sh-t!" Maverick cussed. He was only a minute late. It reminded him of what happened when he had his first date with Charlie. He was late, and Charlotte was direct. For just a split second. But this girl he was visiting seemed a little nicer... is Madison going to be upset that he was late?

But he didn't worry as much. He just stood on the front porch and waited patiently for me to answer.

                     —————————

The moment I heard the doorbell ring, I knew he was finally here. I just put the pork chops on the grill on the back patio, and I was wondering if Maverick was going to arrive. But the very moment I heard the doorbell ring, my heart stopped. It was time for Maverick and I to finally learn to (secretly) like each other.

I ran over to the door and I opened it to reveal the handsome yet panty figure of Maverick. He wasn't even smiling. He seemed kinda worried about something.

Well, at least he read my note. That's all that matters right now.

"Hey, Mav!" I said. "Thanks for—"

"I'm sorry I'm late," he interrupted. "I left later that I thought I would."

I realized Maverick was right. I said to arrive at 5:30 sharp, and instead he arrived at 5:31. It was only one minute off. What bad can that do?

"Oh no, it's fine," I said, trying not to blush at how handsome Maverick's appearance is. "I wasn't expecting you to arrive at exactly 5:30, anyway..."

"Oh, alright," Maverick yawned. He made his way inside my house and inhaled the sweet smell of the house. I shut the door behind him. Maverick took his jacket off and hung it on an empty coat hanger. He took off his black boots and placed them on a shoe rack. I ran back over to the stove, where I was cooking angel hair pasta. My timer was going off, which meant it was done. So I carefully removed the pot from the stove and turned the stove off.

"You still cooking dinner?" Maverick asked. He was suddenly right next to me. I jumped a little.

"Um, yeah..." I replied slowly. "The pasta's done, but the pork chops aren't. I've already made peas. Dinner will be ready in about ten minutes."

Maverick nodded. "By the way, may I take a shower?" He asked.

"A shower? At my place?"

"Yes, I've been flying all day today and I've been sweating an awful lot. I smell, so can I?"

Maverick? Taking a shower in my house? Well, I figured he would take it now. He probably didn't want to smell bad on a date. And he is my crush, so why not?