Chapter 25: This is Wrong.

It took me awhile to finally find the hospital. Turns out the hospital was all the way in San Diego, and I could tell I was at the right one. I saw Charlie's car and Maverick's motorcycle in the parking lot reserved for emergency room patients. I parked my rental car in the emergency room parking lot and quickly got out. Tears were still cascading down my cold pallor of my face. Once I got out of my car, I dashed all the way inside the emergency room.

Almost everyone from Top Gun was there. Even Carole was there. I didn't know where Bradley was, but he must be at home. Everyone had a depressed look on their face, and most of them were crying. Once I got in the room, they all turned to me.

"Madison! Glad you came..." Merlin said feebly. I could tell how much pain he was in by his voice.

I suddenly heard the door open again. Viper, Slider, and some more pilots flooded into the room. Gasping and wheezing, Viper ran to me.

"Madison! Why did you just run away like that?" Viper exclaimed.

"I-I can't lose Goose!" I said frantically. "It would be impossible for me to recover from both a breakup and a death at once! Is anyone here from Hogwarts or something? They could—"

"Madison! You silly girl! No one here is from Hogwarts!" Iceman chuckled. "Also, I know how it feels to—"

"ICE! YOU'RE NO HELP!" I cried. Everyone in the waiting room began looking at me once I finished my loud sentence.

"VIPER TOLD ME WHAT YOU DID TO MAVERICK AND GOOSE! YOU STALLED JUST SO THEY CAN GET CAUGHT IN YOUR JET WASH! IT'S YOUR FAULT GOOSE IS DEAD, YOU LITTLE—"

"MADISON! SHUT UP AND CALM DOWN!"

Everyone went quiet once I heard the loud yet annoyed voice of my boyfriend. Maverick was suddenly standing right in front of me. He was mad at how I was screaming at Ice, but I could also see the amount of sadness in his face from losing his best friend.

"I-I'm sorry I yelled at you," Maverick then spoke calmly. "It wasn't Iceman's fault at all. I honestly think it was mine..."

"Your fault? Pete, this isn't your fault! Iceman just tried to shoot the MiG like he's supposed to, and he didn't move aside! It was just an accident. Let's just say this was nobody's fault, and let's hope Goose recovers."

"Recovers?" I then saw Carole walk up to me. Her face was wet with tears and her eyes were red. I could tell she was the most emotional out of everyone here.

"There's no way he could recover!" She cried, "oh, my Mother Goose... why him... JESUS, MAKE HIM SURVIVE!"

Carole then ran out of the waiting room, sobbing loudly.

I looked back at Maverick, who was as sad as Carole. His body was shaking, and tears were shining on his face. Goose was like a brother to Maverick. They were extremely close in friendship. I even began to cry; Goose was the nicest man I've ever met. And now he was gone...

...maybe.

I gave Maverick a hug as we continued crying on each other. I tried to comfort Pete by telling him it wasn't his fault, but I don't think he believed me.

I suddenly felt another hand wrap around me. A familiar hand. I opened my eyes a little and saw a beautiful blonde-haired woman hugging me.

Charlotte.

Maverick released me from his grasp, and I turned to Charlotte. She also had tears cascading down her face. I've never seen Charlotte cry. She seemed too mature to cry, but she still cries anyway.

"Damn, he loved flying with Mav." She said quietly, "Goose was so good for a pilot in the Navy."

"He was..."