Chapter 33: A Performance

(I am extremely sorry I haven't updated in like 10000000 years. I'll explain why next chapter (which isn't a chapter). Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter!)

"ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SPIKE THE VOLLEYBALL OVER THE NET!!!"

That was Slider screaming at me. It was the next day, my last full day here in Miramar. Maverick thought it would be a good idea to play volleyball for my last day here. However, I was so tired from staying up late last night, plus I felt hungover for most of the morning. The excruciating heat from the sun didn't help me play volleyball at all, and either did my pulsing headache. I always get tired from the heat, anyways.

"Slider, leave her alone!" Maverick shouted. Maverick and I were playing against Slider and Iceman, and Slider was annoyed by how bad my assets were today.

"Maverick! I don't get your girlfriend!" Slider said with annoyance. "She used to be great at volleyball, but now she sucks!"

I stood up from the sandy floor, yawned, and brushed some sand off my bathing suit. "I'm sorry, guys," I said. "I just can't play if I'm tired."

"Then why is Pete making you play?"

"Because he wants this to be the perfect last day for me!"

I don't know if Slider knew today was my last full day here or what, but when I said that, he gasped and covered his mouth.

"So that's why!" he exclaimed.

"Slider, let's just continue playing!" Iceman said loudly to his friend. "I ain't got time to listen to ya fuss over Madison! It's her last day here. So what?!"

"Is that why she's tired then?"

"No, Slider! She stayed up late with Maverick last night, so leave her alone!"

Slider scowled and grabbed the volleyball laying on the floor that Maverick threw to him.

"Now let's try again," he said. "Last round! My team is winning five to four!"

"Madison, if we get this point, we'll tie the game," Pete whispered softly to me. "That way, we can do a tiebreaker!"

I nodded.

"Alright, let's go!"

Slider spiked the ball over the net, and the "final" round began. I started running toward the net, trying to spike the volleyball back to the other side. Once I got in the right position, I lifted my arms and prepared to spike it back. But instead, I tripped and fell onto the sand again, getting some in my mouth in the process. Maverick was luckily able to save us from losing the round (he spiked the ball and the other team couldn't reach it in time), but Slider wasn't impressed.

"Madison, what are you doing there laying on the ground?" He snarled. "Are you waiting for Maverick to f—k you in your a-s? Jesus, Madison! Save that for the bedroom, not the volleyball court!"

"Slider!" Maverick scowled as he extended his hand, helping me stand up. "Leave her alone!"

"Ooh! Mr. Mitchell is standing up for his girlfriend! Gotta say, you suck at that almost as much as you suck at volleyball!"Slider danced around like a crazy person, mocking Maverick as he pretends to hit at an imaginary volleyball.

Iceman slapped Slider on his back, and Slider finally shut up. Iceman shot him a murderous glance.

"Focus on volleyball, not Madison!" he says in annoyance. "We've got a game to win!"

"Fine..." Slider said, admitting defeat.

"Well, the game's a tie!" Ice said. "So let's do a tiebreaker round! Who wants to throw first?"