Chapter 29: Arson

(Before we begin, I just want to say that I'm watching Top Gun AGAIN rn (I was watching it in the car on the way to Florida) but I'm writing this because I don't want to watch Maverick and Charlie flirt. Wow me -_-)

Miramar was very quiet during the night.

Not a single sound could be heard throughout the horizon. It came to the point where all you could hear were the ocean waves from the beach, rather miles away from you or right next to you.

It was so quiet in Miramar it was almost scary. Nobody was driving on the road, nobody was outside, nothing was happening. Everyone was tucked in their beds, dreaming their biggest dreams, awaiting the morning to come by.

All of the houses along Miramar's horizon stood upon the land as if it were guarding it. Most of the houses were old houses that sat along the beach. Some of them were modern houses, but most of them weren't. And, like I said before, all of the houses were quiet. They seemed to be sleeping as well.

But the house that was about to be awaken was none other than Stinger's house.

The head of the Navy (kinda), Stinger worked most of his days. He would work for nearly twenty-four hours straight. So when Stinger would get home, he would instantly crawl into his bed and fall asleep.
(Does Stinger even have a house, or am I just stupid when it comes to Top Gun and Navy things? Idk but if I'm wrong about this I'm sorry)

Right now, Stinger was enjoying the best sleep he'd ever slept. Hearing the ocean waves in the distance, he relaxed in his bed and slept peacefully. Everything was quiet outside of his house, which made it even more relaxing.

Except for the mysterious black car that just parked outside his house.

This wasn't a car belonging to Stinger in any way; it wasn't someone from his family, it wasn't his wife or children (if he even has any idk), it wasn't anybody he knew. And the person driving the car wasn't there on accident. They were there on purpose.

Nobody could identify the person who was driving the mysterious black car. It was so dark out all you could see was their shadow. And their short, fluffy hair flowing in the breeze.

The mysterious figure suddenly reached into the back of the car and drove out a gas can. Inside their pocket, they dug out a pack of matches. Suddenly, the person made their way towards the front of Stinger's house.

Smirking, they unscrewed the lid on the gas can and started pouring the gas on the porch. From the porch to the end of the sidewalk, the person poured gas on the floor. Suddenly, the person began singing in a sweet yet evil voice.

Deck the halls with gasoline, falalalalalalalala...

When the person was done pouring gasoline on the porch and sidewalk, they suddenly dug a match out of its box. Standing at the end of the sidewalk leading towards Stinger's house, the person scratched the match up against the box. The match lit up, and a small fire emitted from the tip of the match. The person stared at the match and smiled wickedly.

Light a match and watch it gleam, falalalalalalalala...

Staring at the lit match, the person suddenly dropped it on the gasoline. The line of gasoline instantly caught fire, and the raging fire reached Stinger's house within seconds. Before the figure knew it, the porch and the entire house were engulfed in flames.

The person did nothing but smile at the bright fire suddenly waking up the neighborhood.

Watch the house burn down to ashes, falalalalalalalala...

The mysterious figure instantly bolted back to their car and started its engine. It drove away quickly, without being spotted. Now, Stinger's house was engulfed in flames. Stinger quickly ran out of his house, coughing. He was glad he was alive, but then he suddenly passed out from inhaling the smoke from the fire.