Chapter 34: Not My Fault

(WARNING: this ending of this chapter wasn't edited, so the grammar might be horrendous towards the end. My editor has been working on other stories and she's not working on mine for some reason so that's why I haven't posted in literal forever. I'm pretty sure this chapter is still fine though so I hope you enjoy!)

Iceman and I walked into the manager's office after waiting outside for him for about five minutes. Then, we heard a stern voice call us inside. Iceman opened the door and entered, while I followed close behind.

To my surprise, the manager's office was pretty bright and cheerful. There were all sorts of colorful paintings on the walls, which were painted a boring off white. Almost all of the lights were on. The manager, a tall man who looked like he had tons of muscle, was waiting for us at his desk. He pointed at two chairs behind his computer, and Iceman and I sat down.

The chairs were extremely uncomfortable; they felt like school cafeteria chairs. But I had to resist the uneasy feeling and sit down.

Iceman didn't look uncomfortable at all. He stared at the manger, a cold look on his face. The manager then began talking.

"Now that you two are here, I'm going to ask y'all a simple question." He paused for emphasis before continuing. "What happened up there?"

"Well, I—" I began, but the manager interrupted me by pointing at Iceman.

"Let him speak first."

Iceman nodded and began telling his side of the story.

"So, just about a week ago, I met Madison right here. She's a pretty nice girl who recently ditched her boyfriend for one of my friends. We're going to call him Pete for right now. Anyway, I knew how much pain Madison was going through because of her breakup, so I tried to help her by getting her together with Pete. The only problem? Pete was already in a relationship.

"Anyways, I came up with an idea for Madison to break Pete's girlfriend's car so she could die and Pete wouldn't have another choice but to end up with Madison. Unfortunately, my plan backfired, and Madison instead blamed me for breaking Pete's girlfriend's car. Well, Pete's girlfriend is actually my instructor at Top Gun, so she gave me detention for two weeks due to that.

"When we were trying to control the lights during the performance tonight, but Madison brought our incident up. I got mad at her because it's basically her fault that I got detention. I ended up attacking her because she wouldn't shut up about how it 'wasn't her fault' and—"

"That's enough, sir," the manager snapped at Iceman. He must have stopped him because he figured that our fight led to the water bucket falling on Karen's head. He then turned to me.

"Your side?"

"Well, I basically have the same story as Iceman, but it's true! This wasn't my fault at all!" I replied frantically.

"Why would you guys mention breaking someone's car while trying to produce a show?" The manager's voice was rising.

"I don't know!" I said.

"Also, I realized that Madison dating Pete is wrong!" Iceman protested. "She's trying to take him away from his girlfriend, which is not a nice thing!"

"You know that you can't control who I date!" I was getting angry.

"Both of you! Calm down!" The manager said loudly. I stopped yelling at Iceman and looked back at the manager. I swore to God his face was turning red.

Suddenly, I heard the office door open again. I turned around to see who it was. It was Karen. Her hair and face still seemed a bit wet, and her dress was damp and ruined. She looked more furious than ever.