Chapter 29

Feugoleon POV:-

~ ------------------------------------------------------ ~

It was a cold windy thunderstorm. The moon hence did not shine. Only gloom seemed to seeth outside. I was in bed spooning a figure with silver locks scattered on the feather-filled pillow and silk nightclothes covering his fairy body who was currently peacefully asleep. My hand pulls him and holds him close, even as a mage who obtained the element of fire. I'd never felt this warmth in eternity. The sleepy figure shifted and stored now and then but I made sure he'd always be back in place. The position was immensely fitting.

I raised my hand to grab the Duvet that was pushed down to pull it back up and cover both of us. I then continued to cradle him gently. After a long and tiring day of flying all over the kingdom of course Nozel would be exhausted but it was a different case for me. I couldn't keep my eyes shut for more than a minute but I tried my best to not wake him. Time drifted, the storm only seemed to grow wilder by the second, I started to get anxious since something didn't suit right. I would have been more at relief if we were at the vermillion or silva household however that wasn't the case.

Lately, I got a cabin near the kingdom borders since It's rather hectic to wake up at 5 and get to the borders by 5:30 for the patrol session. It was a lot of speed in the morning, to say the least, with the cabin I could spend the night and make it a lot less of a burden. Nozel decided to crash here after a night patrol. We weren't fully equipped with our earlier shifts so we decided to switch.

I couldn't help but feel like something was going to occur or something was going to hit us unsuspected. I hadn't felt much in place in a cabin in woods near the southern borders. I knew the chance was not close to likely, especially during a storm.

I stirred from the comfortable position missing it instantly. Standing up to get some water from the nearby water jug on the counter. Pouring some and drinking the water, it was ice cold. The wind slammed against the window seal. I heard a groan come from the bed who I suspected to be Nozel. He stood up and waltzed sleepy behind me and hugged me that proving my suspicions.

" Hello, Do you want some water? " I asked the sleepy body that gently clung onto me.

" No...Can we go back to cuddling? " He asked yawning half asleep.

" Sure. " I responded with a subtle chuckle.

I placed the water cup back on the counter and guided a half-asleep Nozel to the large bed. He looked at me directly his bangs spread across his forehead covering his eyelids slightly and proceeded to crawl back to the place he was and crash his back facing the nightstand. Moving in front of him and seemingly tackled him with my head pressed to the bottom of his neck. Pulling the duvet on top to cover us while pulling Nozel closer to me.

" Why were you awake? " He said slowly caressing my face and cradling it closer to him.

" I wasn't able to sleep so I decided to get a glass of water. " I replied the thunder creating background noise.

" The storm seems to have taken a wild turn. " He commented looking through the crack of the curtains.

" It's been getting worse all night. " I mentioned slightly anxious.

Nozel turned his head to look directly at me. He had softened and sleepy features. His lavender irises were brighter than ever in the dimly lit room.

" It's probably because of the weather and seasonal changes. " He assured slowly strumming his hand through my hair.

I gripped onto him smiling softly as he plays with my hair.

" That makes sense..." I exhaled.

" Goodnight..." He yawned tucking his head into the feathery pillow. His eyelashes clashed together and closed. I wondered how he could be so cold at times yet so adorable at times... The storm seemed to gather up and create a softer, warmer atmosphere.

" Goodnight prince. " I wished. He looked really beautiful and adorable in this state, I brought my hand and tucked a few stray hairs behind his ear. His soft breaths were gentle and sweet. I was truly blessed to have him...

~ ------------------------------------------------------ ~