Chapter 28

This is kind of a semi-chapter but oh well...

-_-

~ Nozel Pov ~

~ ------------------------------------------------------ ~

Working in my office was a pleasant thing that relaxed my mind and helped me visualize. I wouldn't be able to visualize and concentrate on my work as much in any other place. It was neat at quiet with only the wind chime to create a subtle ringing as background music for my brain. The room was held for a white and grey rich and modernized aesthetic but with a few tweaks, it looked that one room you would very often want to stay in since it made you feel comfortable and at home.  My eyes were fixated on the paper reading every word carefully for any misspellings or grammar mistakes that made it seem unprofessional. It wouldn't look good. 

Procrastination was something everyone faces, this includes people who seem heavily dedicated to working as well. As much as I didn't want to go through a long essay I had to. And the best way to do that is to split the texts once you're done writing a bit and re-read them carefully. It's better than going through an entire essay at once and not noticing several mistakes. 

Once I was done leaned back on my chair and let out a sigh. A cold rush of air seething through my window opened due to the wind. I got up to close the seal it was freezing I could turn into an ice sculpture. I rubbed my hands for some heat but that was the most I could get since the stupid heater decided to break during the middle of the winter season. It was absolute hell ( but the cold version ) the next half an hour shifting from side to side in a uniform that was light and loose silk that allowed the cold air to go through my skin. 

My breath was visible soon, It was cold to that extent. I was sure that I was paler than I usually was. 

'  Knock  Knock  '

The sound startled me but as I was freezing it took less to concentrate on. I instructed whoever was outside to come in. A familiar lock of crimson hair entered the room. I felt surprised by the sudden visit. As he made his way near me I felt something arising heat radiating from him as he took a seat in front of me. It was only limited because of the distance between us but it was better than earlier.

" I was called into the wizard king's office for something he asked me to give these to you on the way back. " He placed the stack of papers on the side of my table. 

Great. Just when I was deciding to leave this freezer. I sighed and took the top paper to see what it was about. 'Conventions for the magic resource development factors fund and resources. ' it was a full three paged essay on benefits.

I debated on doing it later but it was due soon so I decided to grab my quill and begin scanning through the papers. 

" You look terrible. " The vermillion said.

" Not everyone has the ability to keep warm as you. " I remarked 

" Is the heater off? " He asked.

" Nope. It's broken. " I replied

" Why don't you wear anything warmer then? Like a jacket. " 

" I have a meeting in about an hour, I have to make sure my uniform is neat since the people are higher class royalty." 

" A meeting? Go like that and they'll think you have frostbite. " He snarked, I glared at him before sighing and continuing with my work. 

I could feel a heat arise slowly I could tell it was meant to be subtle but it was noticeable. The temperature got warmer and it felt heavenly, like having a warm shower after visiting one of the earth's poles.

I continued my work in silence. Neither of us talked but I silently thanked him for his act. I felt a slight brush against my knee. I knew it was feugoleon of course although I did startle a bit at the sudden grasp as he let out a soft chuckle. 

The room felt much warmer with him, literally and metaphorically, even through the thick silence it felt pleasant, comfortable, and warm. 

...