Chapter 11 • Dɪsᴘᴀᴿɪsɪɴɢ Cʜɪᴍᴏɴ? •

This time again I'm late? Noooooooo, you lie. I am only 1 week late. Just one 1 week 🙃🙃

• • •
° ° °

I praised the world to allow me to be tested negative to covid 6 days later. No more loneliness in a small and cold hospital room. No more counting everything in my one-week home. I aimed for home.

Out there, nothing changes that much. I am asking if I thought that the world would be different without me, I laugh to myself.
My family is still the same and my friend argues every day just like before. Nothing changes but every aspect of my life feels more precious than ever.

"P'Nanon... Will you stay here all the night along?" Ask my sister the evening of my return. "I need to sleep, I have class tomorrow".

Sitting at the foot of the bed, I shift my head in Nonny's direction to answer. "Didn't you like your lovely brother anymore?"

"I don't."

These young, they just have no respect, I think before geniusly answer. "I know you miss me all the time I was in the hospital."

"I didn't. Not even a minute." She sticks her tongue out at me.

I get up on my knees before pinching her nose between my fingers. "You dare ?! Okay!" This time, giving her a mocking gaze, I climb onto the bed and start tickling her stomach.

"Haha, P'Nanon... hahaha. Please haha, stop please haha." But I don't and tickle her even more until I see some tears run down her cheek.

When I finally stop annoying her, repose my head on her arm, I wait a good minute to add without a gaze. "Don't be worried. I will take you to school tomorrow."

"Thank you P'."

Nonny don't have to be thankful for just that. I just missed her so much.

° ° °

The sun becomes more strong some days after I go back to school, and even more at lunch under the roof of the university canteen. Lyla comes next to me with a plate almost finish, Dim to her side. Seems that the two of them got better.

"Sorry we started without you Nanon, you were too late." She says putting her food in front of mine.

" No problem, I thought you had already finished anyway like I didn't see you both."

"We were sitting next to Ohm. Strange you didn't see us." She answers distractedly. "Dim, will you finish your food? I am still angry."

"Go ahead, I took more for you." He answers and puts a meatball on her plate. Lyla's smile appears on her face instantly.

I look at them confused. "Well, it wasn't my intention to ask at first but you two reconcile?" I was already surprised they both talked when I came back from the hospital, but seeing them being sweet like that.

Dim was close to answer but was cut by Lyla's nudge and dead look. "Not your business Korapat." She finally she playfully.

What the hell. How can they be more suspicious than that?

"Since you both give me a headache, I will not ask more. Let's move on. Lyla, you said that Ohm was there?"

"Hmm, he is still, yes. Just there." She said pointing something behind me.

At the opposite side of the place, Ohm is laughing with some friends.