Chapter 7

3rd Person POV

Soon, Wei Ying had spent a month at the company and it was time for his first pay day. He was nervous and excited for everything this meant for his wider life; he had never had control of so much money.

He had been looking for appropriate apartments for a while and was now ready to move in to one. It had two bedrooms - one for him and one for A-yuan even though most of the time they shared anyway - a reasonable size bathroom and an open plan living space. For the first time, he had access to a TV and his own personal washer and dryer.

He had already requested a two day break on top of the weekend, which allowed him adequate time to move into his new home and get everything settled. It was sad to say goodbye to the Wens but he knew they would still see each other lots. He paid back all of his debts and then began running some errands.

First, he found A-yuan a local daycare centre who would look after the child in the day time. Then, he went shopping. He was so thankful to finally be able to get A-yuan everything he deserved that he sort of went overboard. He bought a load of cute new outfits that fitted way better than his old second hand ones. Then, he brought a bunch of cute plush toys and things to play with like building blocks. Finally, once all a-yuan's stuff was bought, he found himself some new outfits for work - his limited wardrobe was already pretty tatty and he didn't want to ruin the boss' reputation by looking scruffy.

Returning to his apartment block, he desperately tried to juggle and balance all of his shopping. He had about 10 large bags stuffed full of things and his hands felt like they were going to fall off. While he was busy concerning himself with all his shopping, he accidentally bumped into a man, sent all of his precious shopping flying and then landed right on top of the other. 

Great.

Wei Ying looked down to see a handsome face smirking back at him. The man was dressed stylishly with a 'bad boy' aura so-to-speak. He had a leather jacket, skinny ripped jeans and boots which hugged his slim figure. Tattoos snaked up his arms and wound down beyond the sleeves of his t-shirt intriguing Wei Ying. His face was somewhere between boyish and masculine: he had a strong nose and jaw accentuated by cat eyes and dimples which arose when he smiled.

"Woah, coming on a bit strong aren't you?", the man teased jokingly while helping Wei Ying stand up again. He looked about 25, so only slightly older than Wei Ying."I haven't seen you around before, my name is Xue Yang from apartment 5."

"I'm sooooo sorry!" Responded Wei Ying looking flushed, "I'm Wei Wuxian, apparently your new neighbour who now lives at apartment 7. Are you alright?" He questioned while adjusting his clothes back into their rightful place and gathering up his shopping.

"I'm fine. I haven't got anywhere important to be so I'll help you carry this shopping in."

Wei Ying was going to protest but something about the man's aura made him think that any argument would be useless and he wouldn't mind getting to know his knew neighbour a bit better.

On the other side of town, the atmosphere felt empty. A gaping hole had emerged now that Wei Ying had taken the day off. As much as Lan Zhan disliked to admit it, the man was becoming almost imperative to the success of his company - by pleasing the boss, he was keeping everything else on schedule.

It had felt odd that morning, walking into a cold yet stuffy office and being met with a huge pile of unsorted junk that he was expected to deal with. In addition, as much as he tried, Lan Zhan could not replicate the perfect method of making coffee and organisation he had become accustomed to. He questioned how on earth he had managed to put up with the old boring and tiring routine of work life in the past.

The man himself was a source of much intrigue for Lan Zhan. He was insanely intelligent and thrived in every aspect of work life. He was also a very nice guy as was evident in his choice to save Lan Zhan from his attackers previously. Lan Zhan almost felt a sort of attraction to the man. Well, he couldn't really be blamed. This magical figure sauntered into his office every morning spreading happiness and hope all the while looking like a model.

He turned back to his increasing workload. He could resume his thoughts later after completing all of that.

----------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Sorry for taking a while to update! My wifi has decided to crash and break for the past few days. What do we think about the introduction of Xue Yang. By the way, for this novel, he is not inherently bad and will have a different role than his role in the novel/ series. Please vote and comment. I hope you have enjoyed!