13-Dazzed

Hours Later...

Everyone parted ways after the meetings and continued doing their normal tasks to prevent suspicion. The whole day was crowded with smiles and mafia tasks. As for Axel, it was much different, he felt guilt eating his flesh to his bones. He couldn't get past him hitting Alora with his car. He hadn't even cleared himself to the blogs since it hadn't reached the newspapers or television.

Axel couldn't really care less about his image or the public eye but his father did. He wanted everything to be swept under the rug not that it was a bad thing. Truth be told no one is perfect nor is anyone's life is perfect.

Axel lit a cigarette and inhaled the toxic smoke to hopefully soothe his thoughts.

Why am I letting this affect me so much? He thought to himself.

The Gravano's were surely his second home and another safe place for him ever since he was little. Farrell had trained him along with Annika and Rome a few times while growing up.

At Axel's Mansion...

It was nighttime now and everyone had gone into their bedrooms for another night of sleep. Axel on the other hand was lying awake in his room inhaling another cigarette. The news was alot for him considering what he had done and how badly he had injured her. On top of that, he had another secret resting on his shoulders. Alora's job at the club and her being Ruby.

How would Farrell and Irena even react about this? There's no way it would change their feeling toward her, would it? Axel tossed and turned in bed trying to fight his thoughts off with the night hush of sleep but his thoughts were way too loud. Axel took another inhale of his cigarette before putting out the little-death stick and deciding to take a shower.

Axel got out of bed and turned on the shower to steaming hot water.

"Shall the water burn my thoughts or my thoughts shall kill me in my sleep tonight?" he said before removing his clothes and getting in

Meanwhile...Alora

Alora was lying awake in the guest bedroom thinking about the rollercoaster events of her life. The horrible and stinging childhood she grew up in, the lack of money and having to take degraded jobs in society in the means to survive and now getting struck by a car. How did I even deserve this life of mines? She wondered to herself

A tear escaped her bruised eyes, she worried about getting back on her feet once this hospitality would come to an end. Where do I even start? Nash would probably be furious with me not showing up. She trusted Nash but he was a man who lived for the business he didn't like anyone f*cking around with his money or job.

Alora sat up and wiped her eyes with the sleeves of her shirt. Lilith had been so kind towards Alora throughout her stay here and even went shopping for her. How do I even pay them back for their kindness? Alora thought adding fuel to the fire of her worries.

She got out of bed taking a stretch. Alora's ankle felt alot better and it was only a mild sprain. Lilith is still very cautious about her walking around but Alora doesn't seem to mind her injuries.

Alora snuck out of the room quietly and went down the steps keeping her feet light as feathers in fear she'll wake someone. Little did she know someone was already awake; Devine.

Axel's daughter Devine was rummaging through the fridge for a night snack. When Alora got to the kitchen for a glass of water. She was startled to see Devine.

"Oh my god!" Alora says in a high pitched whisper

"Hi," Devine says smiling

Devine had no idea about Alora but didn't seem to mind the stranger's presence.