(Chapter 32) Explaining

(Your P.O.V.)

"So, that's the current situation." I finished after I had explained to Frisk the circumstances of Chara's change, as we were all sitting in the living room, Chara wrapped in her blanket again and sipped hot chocolate.

"I see, so you're both on a break for a while now. Fits pretty good I'd say, holidays are very soon." Frisk also finished her cup of tea and placed it on the table. "Next Tuesday actually," Chara said.

"Huh, sweet." Frisk smiled. "Yeah, that's nice," I replied, not noticing how monotone I spoke as I was still busy thinking about how heavily I messed up.

How could I mess up like this?

"Hey, (Y/N) are you alright?" Chara seemed to have noticed that something was bothering me. "I- I'm alright. Just..." I sighed. "How could I let this happen in the first place? I promised to look after you and messed up greatly-" "Shut it already." Chara rolled her eyes and interrupted me.

"Does it look like I'm blaming you for what happened? Right, no I am not. Neither is Frisk, neither is mom going to. Besides," She bit her bottom lip. "I was the one who wanted to stay there so I am responsible for this mess in a way, as I was the one who was being stubborn. SO please, stop blaming yourself now."

"But-" "No, shush." She leaned over and put a finger on my mouth. "I want no more complaints now, the office for complaints is currently closed."

Now she completely leaned over and rested on my shoulder. Before I could reply anything Frisk also spoke. "She's right (Y/N), about... literally everything hehe. No one blames you. Um, Chara? You ok there?"

Chara had sat up again and was squinting her eyes seemingly looking into the distance. "Helloooo? Frisk to Chara you there?" "Heh?" Chara seemed to have realized again that we're also here. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just noticed how my eyesight seems to be better now."

"Also a side effect of your change now," I said. "Hehe, I'm not complaining." She shrugged. "I'd stay that's positive too." Frisk agreed.

"A lot of things will be different once your grace is probably build-up," I remarked. "Yeah, you mentioned-" She stopped midsentence as the front door opened and Toriel stepped in.

"You're all awake already? On a weekend?" Ok, that question is reasonable as we're not up this usual. "And Chara, are you cold or why are you having your blanket with you?"

"Well... you see... Something happened." Chara awkwardly rubbed the back of her head. "Something big," Frisk added.
Oh boy, here we go.

And so we proceeded to explain to Toriel what happened yesterday. She was, obviously, in shock at first but then relieved, then was about to scold us for not telling her instantly but once Chara explained that it was her decision she calmed down.

As Frisk and Chara had said, Toriel didn't put the blame onto me, while I was also realizing that it was of no use to blame myself any further now.

After that, we had also explained what we had to do next, basically just me and Chara staying at home and resting for a while. Then it was up for discussion that Frisk wanted to stay home with us as well but Toriel had a few objections about that.

After a lot of convincing she eventually gave in however and Frisk celebrated as she gets holidays a bit earlier and gets to spend that free time with us.

And now, in the evening, we were already putting this time to good use. Meaning for us, all of being in the living room watching stuff after we all had butterscotch pie. We had a funny situation when Chara realized she now literally can eat without end, so we had to stop her from eating the whole pie. She still got 4 slices though.

And now she was laying on me, the both of us on the couch, her wings still being out as she still seemed too weak to conceal them. Frisk sat on the armchair nibbling popcorn while her eyes were glued to the TV, instead of a movie we were watching season 2 of Frisk's favorite anime now.

Toriel fell asleep in her reading chair 3 movies ago and now was peacefully sleeping.

And when I looked up I saw that Chara had also dozed off and now was snoozing in a very cute manner. Despite yesterday, everything seems so peaceful again, not that I'm complaining but it's surprising.

"C'mon c'mon..." Frisk was totally focused on the show, now having her phone in her hand as she's texting with Charlie while watching simultaneously, as Charlie was watching at the same time at her place. I chuckled at her excitement and then I decided that sleeping is a pretty good idea actually.

Yesterday was exhausting enough not gonna lie...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N) Cue the happy end?
Really sorry that the chapter's so short.

Seriously though, I am not sure how long I'll go on with the story now, to be honest.

Artwork by: Ayashiiru