(Chapter 29) No MERCY this time...

(Your P.O.V.)

"...So she actually brought the two royal guards together?" I asked Chara as we were both on our last cupcake. "Mhm!"

We were both enjoying ourselves quite a lot at the moment. "And after you did a complicated piano puzzle, you found a legendary artifact?" "Yeah." "And a dog just absorbed it?" I asked confused.

"Yeah I know, I don't get it either." And with that, she ate the last bite of her cupcake and so did I. "Hey (Y/N), it's getting pretty late. But... How about we take a longer walk home? Just to enjoy the last bit of this day." She asked me while we got up. "Sure thing." So we went out of the shop after saying Muffet goodbye.

Now it was late dawn, the sun almost set and the streetlights were already lit. I took Chara's hand and we walked down the now empty streets. Instead of going the fastest way home, we planned to take a detour near, or even through the park.

"This is very nice." Chara smiled next to me. "Yeah, we should spend more time together like this." "Hehe. Yeah."

We headed around the corner and could already see the park. We went on until we reached a way into an alley to our right. "Oh you gotta be kidding me..." We both stopped abruptly as we saw a big, and very loud group come around the corner. They didn't seem like the best company...

"Urgh, come into the backstreet. I'll fly us home." I grumbled slightly annoyed. I looked forward to enjoying this...

"No. I am not letting this evening be shortened by some random dumbasses. We'll go into the backstreet, but only to dodge them on the way to the park." Chara grabbed my hand again and pulled me into the alley. I swear they spotted us didn't they?

After walking for a bit we saw that there was no way out of this alley, just house walls and a fence. "So much for that..." Chara sighed. "Fine we'll just go back and search a different- Oh fuck." She stopped midsentence as she turned around. "Well well... What a surprise..."

That voice!

I immediately recognized it and it made my blood boil.
Markus this little son of a-

There he stands with his gang, blocking the only way out of here... Flying out is not an option, can't risk anything...
There is no way we're getting out of this one.

"Stay back." I stepped past Chara. I could also feel her anger but I wouldn't let her get hurt. Perhaps, a little bit of reasoning this time?

"You all know how the last meeting between us went. Why should this here end differently? Because I am just going to doubt that you're here to apologize." He chuckled, trying to be menacing.

"Yeah, you figured that out correctly dumbass." His voice sounds a little off... Is he tipsy?
Just great... reasoning with them is out of the question with that.
Was it even an option in the first place?

"But this time, I am prepared!" He raised his right hand, white sparks sparkled until three white magic bullets appeared...

Magic? It hit me cold as I remembered...
"What? An assault? ... Magic involvement?... On our school too?"
Shit...

"Bet ya can't do that prick! I am no longer scared of a knife and glowing eyes!" He seems way too confident in this pathetic bit of power...

"This little bit of magic? Pfft- Don't make me laugh. Whatever game you're playing it won't work, you can't defeat me." I took another step forward. "Be careful (Y/N)." I heard Chara behind me.