(Chapter 10) Searching for answers Pt. 2

(A/N) I only named it part 2 cause I couldn't think of a title. ^^

(Chara's P.O.V.)

During breakfast, I carefully observed (Y/N) while eating my chocolate cornflakes. But uhh, it's so hard to focus with this stupid headache! And the sniff ain't making better. I might be sick, Frisk doesn't seem so alright either. But now other things are more important. I noticed how (Y/N) reached for the butter knife, he grabbed it and...

nothing. Shit, silver has no effect either. Another thing off the list. What did I try again? Right, the salt is out cause' we have it frequently. The same goes for the mirror, then I switched the knife out for a silver one... Only a few things left like the holy water, which is under my bed, the exorcism maybe, even though I hate to speak Latin! Wait, hold up. The exorcism becomes pointless once the holy water proves to be useless. Then I'll try that out first.

(A/N) "Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica. Ergo, omnis legio diabolica, adiuramus te... cessa decipere humanas creaturas, eisque æternæ perditionìs venenum propinare... Vade, satana, inventor et magister omnis fallaciæ, hostis humanæ salutis... Humiliare sub potenti manu Dei; contremisce et effuge, invocato a nobis sancto et terribili nomine... quem inferi tremunt... Ab insidiis diaboli, libera nos, Domine. Ut Ecclesiam tuam secura tibi facias libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos."

Have fun saying all of that correctly .^^

I tried to get up but instantly sat back down again. Uhhh, I'm so dizzy. "My child, are you alright?" Mom asked me. "No, I think I'm sick or something," I mumbled, I suddenly feel so tired.

"Yeah, me too," Frisk spoke and let out a loud sneeze afterward. "I see. Your condition seems rather bad so I suggest you two stay home. Now go upstairs and rest." Frisk got up and walked upstairs but when I got up I became even dizzier and almost fell over but...

"Woah, be careful!" (Y/N) caught me and held me gently to support me. "Come, I'm gonna get you to bed." I laid my arm around his neck and we carefully went upstairs. During that, I felt how this gentle warmth crawled over me again. It's so comfy... I just wanna sleep...

No! Chara get yourself together. We went to my room and he gently laid me down on the and wrapped me up in my blanket. Then a question arose in my head. "Hey, (Y/N). How are you feeling? I mean, are you sick too?" But he shook his head. Interesting. "Just rest for today." He smiled at me gently then got off the bed and out of the room.

(Y/N)... I wonder what's your secret...

(Your P.O.V.)

"Humans are so fragile sometimes." I thought while closing the door of Chara's room. Even though it stings a little seeing her suffering, more or less. I went downstairs again.

"So it seems you'll go to school alone today. Do you want me to drive you?" Toriel asked while cleaning up the table. I gave her a gentle smile. "No, I'll be fine. I better get going."

"Alright, stay safe!" She called after me before I closed the door. I took a few steps again, then looked around, and once I made sure that no one was around I flew to my typical safe corner next to the school. "It will be a bit lonely without them." I thought while pulling my hood back up.

I went over the schoolyard, up the stairs to the entrance, and pushed the door open with one arm. Then went through the hallways to the staircase to the second floor. Then made my way to the classroom but was stopped at the door by a voice.