(Chapter 15) A feeling of...?

(Your P.O.V.)

"Yeah, that went... surprisingly well." I agreed with Chara after Sans disappeared. "So, we're heading home now?" Frisk asked unsurely. "Yeah, but I'd actually like to walk. So we can talk a bit. You guys need to explain what on earth "ATK", "DEF" or "HP" are."

"You don't know that?" Chara asked surprised. I shrugged. "Never heard of it." And that was the truth. "Well, alright. So HP is like the amount of damage a soul can take before it breaks. HP varies from species. While monsters have very high numbers of HP. Often going up into the thousands. Humans have regularly 20 HP. But due to the human's superior soul strength, human HP is more "stable" than monster HP." Chara explained.

"While you... well. You don't seem to have any HP. Which comes from your immortality, I guess." Frisk came into the conversation too. "Makes sense to me." Chara agreed.

"Then there are also ATK and DEF. ATK increases the damage you deal and a high attack value often manifests in physical strength too. While the defense is exactly the opposite. It protects your soul from damage." Then Chara hesitated a bit before starting her next sentence.

"Then there is also LV, L.O.V.E. It's also an acronym. It stands for Level of Violence." Her voice changed to a darker mood.

"LOVE is increased by gaining EXP. Which stands for Execution points. Whenever you... kill someone, you gain EXP when you got enough EXP your LV increases. Increasing HP, ATK, and DEF. But, the more you kill. The more you distance yourself from your former self. It will be easier to kill again, and again, and again." She bit her bottom lip a bit.

"But weirdly, you don't seem to be affected by this too. Or maybe it's because you haven't got a level of violence, I don't know." She ended.

"Oh. I see. But I'm curious. What are your stats?" I find that interesting. "Well mine are:

Frisk LV 1

HP 10/10

ATK: 5 DEF: 10"

Frisk told me. Chara sighed a bit. "Yeah, and mine are:

Chara LV 3

HP 12/12

ATK: 10 DEF: 9"

She ended while I was a bit confused. "Why is your HP so low? Didn't you say that humans have 20?" Frisk nodded. "Yeah, but you're forgetting that we both only have half a soul." Right, there was something. "Oh, yeah."

"And why do you have so high DEF and rather low ATK while Chara has more ATK than DEF?" I asked Frisk, but Chara answered instead.

"Well, Frisk's a pacifist. And in rare cases, your emotional state can affect your stats as well. And Frisk's pacifism and determination provide her a DEF boost. While me well..." She bit her bottom lip a little.

"I have two levels of violence because... you know why. But the power that I get through that is relatively low because I also only have half a soul and it's not even mine. That's why it's all rather weak and fragile." She seemed very uncomfortable talking about... these past events. I got over to her giving her a gentle hug while laying one of my wings around her as well.

"It's alright," I said while holding her tightly. "Hey, I like it when you do this with your wing and all, but not in public please." I chuckled a bit. "Well, no one can see it, so no worries."

"Yeah, but you can see that you're hugging me like this." I smiled even more. "You needed comfort so I gave you comfort. And I will always do it when you need it. What others think about that doesn't matter to me. When you need comfort or help I'll be there." I held onto her even tighter and I felt how her heartbeat got slightly faster.