(Chapter 9) Searching for answers Pt. 1

(Chara's P.O.V.)

"(Y/N) wait!" I called him but he started walking faster, then made a turn around the corner to the left, now almost running. I started running as well and when I made it around the corner, I looked around confused.

"Where is he again?" Then I heard footsteps behind me which signalized me that Frisk caught up.

"He is gone again," I told her when she stepped next to me. She also looked around. While I was still processing what happened there.

He... fought them all off. Completely casually. And what was that? A knife? No, more like a dagger or something. I knew that he was cautious but that he's running around armed, jeez.
Then I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"What?" I asked Frisk who now pointed above us. I looked up to the building. "What is there?" Frisk sighed annoyed and pointed directly at a Security Camera.

"The security net. The one that the humans wanted to be installed after Alphys told them about the one in the Underground? We can go ask her for the recordings later. She is the only one who has unrestricted access since she is the only one who can check the system." Frisk explained. I stared at her then grabbed her shoulders and looked her into the eyes.

"Frisk you are a genius! But first, we'll have to find (Y/N)." I let go of her. "Right, where could he be?" "Well, if I would've to guess then I would say that he went home. That's the only place I can think of right now."

"Good, then let's go." And we started making our way home, quickly, but not running. "Gosh, what happened there is..." Frisk started but her voice died down.

"I know Frisk, I know. Even for me, it was a bit horrific to see. And I'm pretty sure he didn't even go all out. I mean have you seen how the bat just shattered at his arm?" We talked along the way. "That makes me question everything even more."

"We can figure that out later, ok? Let's... let's just focus on right now." Frisk spoke with a firm voice. I nodded so we went on until we reached our home. I unlocked the front door and as soon as we were both inside and closed the door we went upstairs.

I was about to just burst through the door of (Y/N)'s room but stopped myself in time.
So I knocked.

"(Y/N)? Are you there?" No response. "Goddammit, I know you're in there!" Still silence. "We're coming in now." Still nothing but now I opened the door and peeked inside. There he sat on his leaning with the back against the wall, trying to hide his face behind his legs and the hood pulled down deep into his face.

"(Y/N), there you are. We were worried about you." I tried to talk tenderly but he still didn't respond. For someone who was badass a few minutes ago, he's pretty down now...

I sat down next to him and gently laid my hand on his shoulder which made him look up a bit. His (Y/E/C) eyes were a bit teary.

"Why... aren't you scared? What happened there, I..." His voice was kinda weak and desperate. Then, without even have thought about it, I leaned forward and hugged him tightly which seemed to have surprised him. "C-chara?" He mumbled confusedly. "Just shut up, you crybaby." I talked into his shoulder. "I'm not a crybaby!"

"Right now you are." Frisk came into the hug too. I felt how he hesitated but laid his arms around us gently, but then... again, I felt how the now familiar warmth crawled over my body. After a good while, we broke the hug and we sat down in front of him, who just pulled down the hood again.

"I'm sorry for what happened there. I just, couldn't stand the thought that something could happen to you two." He... just tried to protect us? "I'm sorry if I scared you." He looked at Frisk now who gave him a gentle smile. "It's alright, your... sudden change just caught me off guard. Believe me, I've seen far worse."

"Flowey with the six human souls?" I teased her. "Hehe, please don't remind me on that, thank you." She laughed through the pain. He laughed with us. "Hehe, so it's all ok again?" I asked him carefully. "Yeah, I think so." I gave him a gentle smile. "I guess I should say thank you. You just wanted to protect us."

"And now let's get some chocolate." I got off the bed and pulled him up too. "Hehe, yeah. Wouldn't hurt now."

Then down in the living room, I and (Y/N) sat on the couch next to each other while Frisk sat on the armchair, all eating a chocolate bar.

Then the sun shined through the window directly into my face which caused me to squint my eyes together. I looked over to (Y/N) and... he had his eyes completely open like normal even though the sun was also directly shining into his face as well. Even more weird stuff...

~Temskip~

Author: *Throws Temflakes into the corner*

Tem: "HOI!" *Yeets themself off the stage*

Author: "Welp, that's settled now."

(Anyways, timeskip and Frisk's P.O.V.)

I sat on my bed doing the last bit of homework until tomorrow when I heard some knocking on the door. "Come in." And the door opened and Chara came in. "Hey, Frisk. You have a minute?" She had a book tucked under her arm. "Sure, what is it?" She showed me the front of the book. I squinted my eyes a bit to read it. "Weird phenomena and supernatural beings wrote by Bobby Singer".
(A/N) For instant clarification: This purely a joke/insider/easter egg. No character of the show will show up in this story, since it's not a crossover!

"I've decided to do some research on you know... (Y/N)." She sat down next to me. "Don't you think that's a bit extreme?" Geesh, she's taking this seriously, isn't she?

"Besides, aren't these books always based on legends, myths, and, other people's imagination?" She rolled her eyes a bit.

"I know, but we have to consider every possibility. Ok, except a few things in this thing. There is some stuff well, I would say that it's very unlikely that he is one of these."

"What for example," I asked curiously. "Uh, a ghost or an uh, what was it called? Levi? Leva? Argh, doesn't matter."

"Well, anyways. There are certain things that I can try out to check him if he's any of these things. I won't have to bother trying out the salt tho." I blinked confused. "The wut?"
"Uh, forget that. I wanted to go and ask Alphys about the recordings. Wanna come with me?"

"Sure thing." I jumped out of my bed and quickly put on my shoes...

~Timeskip because the author is too stupid to think of anything in the meantime lol~

"Oh! H-hi you two." Alphys greeted us when she opened the door. "Hi, Alphys. Can we come in?" She nodded and we both stepped inside. "So what brings y-you two here?" She asked us. Chara took a deep breath.

"We wanted to ask you if we could look at the recordings of a security camera. We have to check on something." Chara spoke like she memorized what she was going to say. "O-of course! Just let me get my Tablet." And she went to get it.

"Here." She came back with her Tablet in her hands. "W-which one and when?"
"The one at the corner of the new street 10, it was I believe. At 2:32." Luckily we memorized the time. "Alright, h-here." She handed Chara the tablet and I looked over her shoulder.

For a while, only an empty street was seen then (Y/N) came into view for a moment but then the image glitched out? And he was gone and shortly afterward the two of us came into the picture. Chara grunted annoyed. "Honestly, that didn't help at all..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N) A bit of a shorter chapter than usual, sorry.

Artwork by: HIBILABO