Alastor had a calm expression on his face, but his eyelids were lowered as he looked forward at this new person.

"Hello, Jake, I don't believe we've met," he started smoothly, "my name is Max."

They shook hands, sort of seat belting Eliot and I into the couch. There was an immediate tension between them, and I felt a bit nervous.

When they let go, I grabbed Alastor's hand and held him tight. I gave him a soft squeeze, and there was a moment of him just sitting next to me, that tension still thick.

Then he relaxed slightly, and the air cleared. He squeezed me back and I let out a little relieved sigh, then smiled at the two boys on my other side.

We all fell into a comfortable chatter, and I was very pleased to see Alastor play nice for the most part. He would throw in some condescending words here and there, but other than that he was well behaved.

More of Eliot's family trickled in and we all exchanged hellos, I introduced Alastor to them and they all seemed to really like him.

Like...really like him.

Eventually the men managed to pry Alastor away from me, taking him away somewhere to do men things, I don't know. I think they were playing cards.

Eliot stayed with me, and Jake had gone off somewhere.

Right now we were alone in the living room. Everyone had already eaten for the most part, and now the night was slowly coming to a close.

"He seems to really like you, Ari," Eliot said suddenly, making me look up from my phone. I sighed and nodded.

"Yea...I know...but still, Eliot, don't say anything...we're just friends, so don't make things awkward," I grumbled and Eliot laughed.

"Just friends that hold hands...just friends that stay glued to one another's sides...just friends that make out..." Eliot named off several more things we do that "just friends" normally do not.

I blushed and then snapped at him, "Ok Ok, shut up!" I hissed and he cackled.

I stood up, then, heading towards the French doors that lead to a balcony.

"I need some air," I said softly and Eliot's laugh slowly died. He watched me walk to the doors quietly and I could tell he was debating following me, but ultimately decided not to.

Once I stepped out, I sighed softly. I walked over to the fence, leaning my elbows on it and looking out towards their back yard. Eliot lives by the park, so he has trees in his back yard.

The air was slightly chilled, the sun was setting and it was nearly dark. I thought about Alastor, and then thought about how much I'd like to be at home right now.

I want his lips on my skin...and his hands on my hips. I want his heat and his passion. I want his words, and I just want...him.

No matter what I do, my brain always loops back around to him.

Him him him.

I can't stop thinking about his offer...in my mind I've already accepted. However, I still feel like it's a big jump to just dive head first into casual sex.

I'll talk with him more about it once we get home tonight...

That oughta be an interesting conversation.

I heard the doors slide open and then shut, and figured Eliot decided to follow me after all.

"Go back inside, Eliot," I said, slightly annoyed. Then there was a soft chuckle and my eyes widened.

"Well, I'm not my brother...but if you want to be alone, I suppose I can leave," said Jake.

I turned around and smiled. My eyes cast down and I shook my head.

"No, no it's fine...you can stay out here," I said, a lot softer than the tone I used before. He walked over and stood next to me, his hands in his pockets.

He sighed, staring out into the distance.

"I missed you..."

His words caught me off guard and I glanced over at him, blushing slightly. I trained my eyes back forward and a breeze blew my hair into my face, making me have to tuck it back away.

"I missed you, too," I replied, and then looked over at him with a small smile.

"I'm sorry for...everything..." I said, my voice quieting slightly. He chuckled and shook his head.

Jake is very attractive...strong, handsome, and overall just a picturesque "pretty boy".

I guess that's why I was so smitten with him before...and it's good to acknowledge that, and move on.

"You're fine, firefly," he said and my heart thumped, my eyes widening.

Firefly...

I shook off that sentiment and he kept talking.

"After all these years, you're still just as beautiful..." he said softly and my cheeks heated up again. I turned towards him with a smile, and he was already looking down at me.

His eyes were soft, and he looked relaxed.

Then he looked off to the side, "so...you and that guy you came with...how long?" He asked and I blinked.

"Uh...we're not together, actually," I said sheepishly and his eyes widened just barely. He then took a small step closer to me, and I wasted no time in noticing the lack of space between us.

"You're not? He just seems so protective of you I figured..." his words fell off and he glanced at my lips.

It felt like time slowed down and he slowly leaned down towards me.

I caught myself leaning towards him as well, and then my nearly closed eyes opened wider.

I planted my fingers against his chest, stopping his action. He froze and looked a little confused.

I took a step back away from him, and then cast my eyes down for a moment before looking back up.

"We're not together...but..." my words fell off. I'm not sure what it is I'm trying to say, but he seemed to understand.

He smiled, looking slightly saddened...but he backed off. His hands went into his pockets, and he nodded.

"I get it..." he said softly.

I felt relieved, and nodded back. I'm glad you get it...

Now let's move on.