Chapter 8

A/N: I'm sorry to those of you who read my author's note before the change of events, but the surprise has been postponed to the next chapter :( I'm really sorry, but I hope you enjoy!

⚠️Warning⚠️: It gets a little spicy

Amity P.O.V.

When Luz asked that simple four word question, my brain broke. Yes, I wanted to kiss her. That was an obvious answer. But my brain was failing me and I couldn't form words. So, I just nodded.

She quickly closed the small gap between us, and I didn't hesitate in kissing back. It was an entirely new sensation; miles different from how it's felt to kiss any other girl. This was the first time I understood what all those romance books had said about a spark. I thought that I've felt it before, but the electricity that ran through my entire body when Luz's lips touched mine blew every other interaction I've had out of the water.

After a moment, she pulled away and looked me in the eye. My brain went into gay panic mode. Part of me wanted to celebrate and make a big deal out of it, but another part of me wanted to go and hide. Not because I didn't like it. No, far from it. Just because I was so overwhelmed. I was also torn, because I wanted to kiss her, but I also wanted her to kiss me. We just stared at each other, waiting for one of us to make a move.

"Fuck it," Luz stopped all the thoughts running through my brain when she leaned in and connected our lips again. This time, it got more passionate. I felt Luz's hand make its way up to tangle itself in my hair as she tilted her head to get closer to me. I took my hand and ran it up her toned arm, stopping at her neck. She shifted and started to lay me back on the couch without breaking the kiss.

When we were both severely out of breath, we separated again. After taking a minute to breathe, I grabbed Luz by the collar. "Kiss me again,"

She didn't hesitate in doing so, and before I knew what was going on, we were both laying down on the small couch and Luz was on top of me.

"Are you okay?" Luz asked after she disconnected our lips.

I just nodded and pulled her down by her collar, which was still in my hand. 

But before we could get into it again, someone burst through the door to the shed.

"Hey Luz!" I didn't recognize the voice, but that didn't matter as Luz and I scrambled to get out of the position we were in.

"What do you want, King?" Luz got up completely and walked over to the railing that was around the edge of the loft.

"Oh! There you are! Eda was wondering if your little friend was staying for dinner." King's voice was surprisingly high for someone that I knew from conversations with Luz was our age.

Luz looked over at me and cocked her head. "Do you wanna stay for dinner?"

I looked at Luz's discarded phone for the time, and saw that it was only 5:15. "Sure. That would be nice,"

"Cool!" Luz's face lit up. "She is, King."

"Yeah, yeah I heard," King shut the door and Luz and I were alone again.

"Sorry about that," Luz held her hand out to help me up.

"No no, it's alright," I took her hand and she pulled me up.

"You should probably shower off. It would be really suspicious if you went home sweaty and covered in dirt," Luz pointed out.

"Yeah, it probably would be," I ran my hands through my hair to smooth it out a bit and followed Luz down the stairs and back into the house.