Chapter 2

I'm going to warn you: The Spanish here could be very wrong... I don't know Spanish so I used Google Translate. Feel free to correct me if you know what you're doing

Amity P.O.V.

When I finished with my school work, I was called down to dinner by my father. 

I politely went down to the dining room and ate in silence. My parents at each head of the table, me in the middle, and my twin siblings sitting across from me. They were being all perfect in front of mom and dad, which wasn't surprising. If we acted out at all, we were sure to get our asses handed to us. 

My parent's never hit us. No, that would be illegal. They just held us to standards much to high for many to deal with. They hit us with words. Words that at this point, didn't cut as deep.

"Children," My mother got our attention.

My siblings and I looked up at her.

"As you know, your father and I are going to pass down the family business, and therefore family fortune, to one of you." She always tried to make it seem like it was a good thing by adding the fortune part. None of us wanted it. We didn't want to have to deal with all the shit my parents are leaving one of us.

"Yes, and your mother and I have decided on which of you is going to be bestowed with this great honor of carrying on Blight tradition," My father continued.

What they said next was no surprise.

"Amity, you will be the one to inherit Blight Industries." My mother looked over at me, waiting for the gratitude I was sure to have.

"Thank you mother, father," I said looking at them respectively. "This is such a great honor, and I will be sure to follow in your footsteps when the time comes," I nodded my head in "appreciation".

My older twin siblings, Edric and Emira, have been causing trouble for all of their lives. They don't get good grades in school, and they actually had to repeat their senior year of high school, so it was no surprise that my parents saw me, little miss perfect, as the best fit for their needs. But the twins looked over at me with sadness in their eyes when they heard.

I can promise you though, I'm not the precious little girl they think I am. 

The rest of dinner was silent. When my parents left to to whatever the hell they do with their lives, Ed spoke up.

"I'm sorry, Amity," He looked over at me once he saw our parents were gone.

"Yeah, we didn't want it to be any of us, but that's not really how this works, is it?" Em added, with a slight chuckle.

"It's whatever," I shrugged. "There's nothing I can do about it, so why not live the rest of my life until it comes along?"

"You mean the club?" Ed asked, grinning.

"No, I meant school, and working," I rolled my eyes. "Yes, I mean the club!"

"Don't you play tonight?" Em asked me.

"Yes, I do. But if we're gonna talk about it anymore, just come up to my room," I got up from the table and they followed me.

I opened my door and flopped onto my bed, looking up at the white ceiling. You could see outlines from where there were once glow in the dark stars, but I had to take them down when my mom realized they were there. Apparently they were "too childish" for someone of my status.

"Well?" Em asked, sitting on the foot of my bed. "When are you planning on leaving?"

"Probably around 9:45," I sat up and looked over at the twins.