Chapter 9

I have a surprise for you guys! I had one of my best friends draw what the amazing King would look like in this AU!

I AM SO HAPPY WITH HOW HE TURNED OUT! ISN'T HE BEAUTIFUL?!

Anyways, you guys should go check out my bestie! @cat_in_thebox on tik tok and here on wattpad! She is an amazing artist, and you should definitely give her a follow. It would mean a lot to her. 

Now with that out of the way, on with the chapter!

⚠️Warning⚠️: depictions of blood and abuse (I'll put a warning before it, as well as where it's over if you don't want to read it)

Luz P.O.V.

I woke with a start, breathing heavily and in a cold sweat. I put a hand on my chest to feel my heart beating rapidly.

It wasn't real... it was just a dream. He's not actually here.

I took a deep breath and looked over at my clock to see that it was 4:30 in the morning.

Great. Now I'm not gonna be able to go back to sleep.

I sighed and got out of bed, deciding to go and get a glass of water. When I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen, the lights were off, but the moon shining through the window was bright enough to illuminate that I wasn't the only one awake.

"Why the hell are you up?" I asked in a raspy voice.

"I could ask you the same thing," King was sitting at the breakfast bar, shirtless and holding a cup filled with something I couldn't identify. Probably milk. I couldn't drink that unless I wanted to hate myself later. Lactose intolerance is wonderful.

"I asked first," I pointed out as I grabbed a glass from the cabinet.

"Fine. If you must know, I couldn't sleep, so here I am," King loudly sipped his drink and shrugged. "Now why are you here? You interrupted my peaceful alone time."