Chapter 5

Quick A/N before I start: Any song in this AU is written by a member of the band unless explicitly stated otherwise. Like Tunnel Vision in the previous chapter was not written by them because it was on the radio. I will still include a video to all of the songs so you can listen to them as you read, but in the AU they're written by the band members, not their real life artists.

Luz P.O.V.

I was giddy on the drive back to the Owl House. The whole afternoon seemed surreal to me. Almost like it was a dream. She's just so understanding and kind. The Amity that I saw at the cafe today was miles different from how I've seen her before, but it was incredible. I feel like I'm seeing the real Amity. Not the mask the puts on at school. Not the person she became after drinking and smoking. It was just so organic.

And she wants to be in my band! That's probably what shocked me the most about the whole ordeal today. Someone as amazing as Amity fucking Blight wants to be in my band.

I tried not to let my thoughts roam too far, and I turned the radio back on before they wandered where they weren't supposed to go. I spent the rest of the ride in a good mood, just singing along and dancing to all the songs that came on.

I pulled up to the Owl House to see that both King and Eda's cars were here. It wasn't a surprise to see that Eda was home, but I figured that King would have gone out with some of his friends. I took that as a sign that he would be either passed out on the couch, or pissed off.

It turned out to be the latter. I walked in to hear Kings scream of rage, and I immediately covered my ears, but smiled at it all the same. I don't know how the hell his voice got that high, but something about it was adorable, but also kind of blood curdling.

Once he stopped, I voiced my presence. "What's got you so worked up?"

"Weh?" He whipped around to face me, looking kind of embarrassed. "How long have you been there?"

"Long enough to hear you screech like a pterodactyl," I joked.

"Ha ha, so funny Luz," He said, deadpanned. "And for your information, I'm mad because-"

I cut him off. "You know what? I don't wanna know," I held my hand up and started to make my way to my room.

"Hey! Who said you could leave?" He tried to sound intimidating, but since I knew him so well, I knew it was just his little facade he liked to put on. "I am the man of this household and you will listen to me!"

"Yeah, right," Eda walked in and snorted, holding her mug—which I knew wasn't filled with coffee. "Luz is more of a man than you are, and she's not a man."

"Ooh, that was cold," I sniggered and glanced at King, who was wearing a look of utter shock, looking Eda right in the eye.

"What?" She asked with a smirk. "Little boy's mad that he's just a itty bitty wittle baby?" She mocked in a baby voice.

This caused King to ball his fists at his sides and he held his breath, trying to hold back another squeal of rage, to no avail. After a few moments of silence from Eda and I waiting for him to crack, he let out a high pitched squeal with his eyes closed and his fists in the air, waving in anger.

Once he finished with his little tantrum, Eda and I burst out laughing, me holding on to the railing of the stairs for support while Eda relied on the doorframe to the kitchen. 

"Hey! No one laughs at me! The King of all!" He looked between us with anger written clearly on his face.

"I'm sorry," I said between laughs, finally taking a deep breath to calm myself down.