Chapter 7

Luz P.O.V.

I was nervous. Very nervous. As I walked to the cafeteria, I ran all the scenarios through in my head, bracing myself for the worst. But before I got there, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, so I swiftly pulled it out and saw that I had gotten a text from Amity.

Amity❤️: meet me in the bathroom about half way through lunch

Me: why? do you need advice from yours truly?

Amity❤️: no i have something to tell you that i forgot about until just now

Me: as much as i love seeing you, dont you think we're pushing it a bit? can it wait maybe?

Amity❤️: if you dont want to talk to me just say that

Me: no no no no i just don't want you getting in trouble or anything. ill be there

Amity❤️: okay :)

I laughed at her response as I walked up to my lunch table, where Willow and Gus were already sat talking.

"Hey guys!" I ruffled Gus's hair.

"Luz! Stop doing that!" Gus fixed his hair and both he and Willow stood up.

Willow chuckled and shook their head. "You guys want food or what?"

"Not even a question," I started walking towards the lunch line and I heard Willow chuckle behind me.

Once we all were stood waiting in the line, Gus and Willow started talking about who knows what, and I was zoned out fiddling with my hands.

"Hey, Luz, you okay?" I heard Gus ask which snapped me out of my trance.

"Yeah! Totally fine!" I smiled and gave him a thumbs up.

"You sure? You always mess with your hands when you're nervous," He gave me an understanding look. I just nodded.

"You know you can tell us anything, right?" Willow assured me.

"Yeah, I'm just..." I sighed. "So, I had this idea. And I wanted to run it by you guys, but you need to promise not to make fun of me."

"We won't make fun of you. Right, Gus?" Willow elbowed him.

"Yeah! I would never!" He gave me a warm smile.

"Okay..." I took a deep breath. "So, I was thinking about starting a band. And before you say anything, let me explain. I would play guitar, probably sing background vocals as well. Gus, you would play drums. Willow, you would be on keyboard. And I have a lead singer that's also gonna play guitar, and then she knows a bassist and a sound director. Eda's gonna talk to the owner of the club and ask them if we can play there. She'll also be our manager, and the shed will be our band room after Amity and I clean it out today." I stopped and looked between the two of them.

"Well first of all, do you mean Amity Blight?" Willow asked me.

"Yeah, why?" I was confused why that would matter.

"Good choice for a lead singer," Willow smiled and nodded. "And second, I'd love to be in the band. Sounds fun. And you know, we'd get paid."

I laughed and nodded. "Yes, we would get paid. What about you Gus?"

"Hold on, let me process for a second..." He looked like he was thinking. "I, Gus Porter, am being asked to join a band. And I accept your generous offer!" He smiled from ear to ear and held out his hand to shake.

I took it while laughing. "Okay, well then. Now that that's official, I can see if Amity's friends are in, and we'll probably meet up either tomorrow or Thursday!"