5 ~ Go On A Walk With Me?

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Wow..." Ace muttered as his eyes bore into your own. You were sweating and panting from all the training you'd both had been doing. While you're stamina when fighting with swords was great, you couldn't exactly say the same for when it came to hand-to-hand combat, and Ace seemed to realise this with a chuckle. "you suck."

Teeth sharpening at the insult, you yelled. "Oh yeah? Well, I doubt you're good at using a sword!"

He shrugged. "Maybe not the best, but I wouldn't be so bad to the point where I'm sweating buckets."

Yeah... He was definitely wrong about that. The next thing Ace knew, after a few spars with your sword against one you'd lent him, he was panting and kissing the ground. Not literally, but he did fall so technically he was kissing the ground. His body was covered in the smallest cuts, his back having the worst and his chest having been avoided since you knew it was quite painful when a sword struck your areola. Also, before the spar he'd informed you he liked to keep his chest clean and it was obviously his silent way of asking you to do your best at keeping Oden away from it.

Ace was currently groaning and mumbling something incoherent but you didn't bother questioning him, too tired to even speak. As you offered a helping hand towards the handsome seventeen-year old, a middle-aged man wearing spherical glasses with brown hair and a top hat appeared from the pathway hidden by a few trees and walked his way towards the both of you. Perking up at the presence of another living being, Ace look up only to grin happily upon seeing one of his trusty crew members, who in the past two weeks that Ace had been here, you'd learned was named Mihar. The crew however, preferred to call him Teach due to his teacher-like ambition of hoping to educate all people and youth in this world but to do it without restriction. He was doing it now, taking children like Tama and gathering them around to show them how to read since the parent's couldn't find the time to do so.

Smiling at the two, Mihar spoke. "Captain, y/n. I take it your training is going well?"

Ace grumbled while y/n nodded tiredly making the man hum gleefully. "Well I was wondering if you'd be so kind as to inform me if you're literate?"

Not completely surprised at the question, y/n nodded and shifted uncomfortably as Ace stared at her with a strange gleam in his eyes. She looked away from him, "Yes, in fact I learned how to read in just two days."

Teach's eyes practically bulged out of his eye-sockets. "Fluently?!"

"Yes," you nodded, "I have a photographic memory, so anything I see or am taught, I should be able to remember."

That just made him even more excited. The man threw an excited fist in the air before running off and leaving the two behind with a small cry of happiness. "Finally! I gotta tell Deuce!"

You and Ace stared for a few seconds before letting out airy and amused laughs. Seeing Mihar so excited-- and showing it so openly -- was a rare thing, and they were glad they could witness it together. Shaking your head you turned back to stare at Ace before gently motioning him towards a nearby river where clean water was. He didn't really know where he was going yet, but Ace did know he trusted you so he followed blindly and you appreciated how much trust he held in you. Once the both of you arrived at the river you situated the man on a rock before grabbing the medical kit you'd brought along with you and placing it next to you.