Chapter 43: The Break In

Börja om från början

"Hey, remember what Illumi said about their natural animal instincts?" Bisky started. "If Aariv is symbolic of nature and animals, do you think it would care if an animal got hurt?"

"Hmmm. You know what, I think so. Especially if they have stronger emotions left in them. Do you have an idea?"

"But would that be enough for a distraction is the question," she thought aloud. "Are you close enough to manipulate from here?"

He squinted his eyes. "Hmm, it's possible but there aren't any plants that I can see to manipulate."

"Then I'll do it. I do have a plan I want to try." Bisky turned to him. "Can you grow me some thorns?"

Ahmad took out some seeds, growing them into a small thorn bush.

"We can't cause a scene but I figure this would be more natural," Bisky said plucking a small thorn off the bush. She held it between two fingers in front of her eye, her hand steady. Then she drew her hand back slightly and flung it at a cat nearing the entrance. A wisp of her Nen following. The cat whimpered and scratched the air radically. Then a little girl picked it up to check on it.

Bisky again grabbed another thorn, then flung it to a dog a couple more families back. It didn't make a sound, not even noticing it. But then the dog limped as it took a few more steps. The owner noticed shortly and knelt down to check its paw.

"Send the bush down there to make it seem they had stumbled into it earlier," she instructed picking off a few more thorns.

Ahmad controlled it steadily, making it seem the wind had picked it up. It landed in a thin crevice on the bridge, and slowly grew bigger.

"Now let's see..." she whispered.

The little girl held the cat but it scratched her to get out of its grasp. The girl yelped and dropped it, the parents turning attentively. As it got closer to the stag, its blue energy slowed the cat down. Calming it. The stag lowered its head towards the cat, determining the commotion. A guard showed up to pick it up gently. Searching for the thorn until he found it then picked it out.

The family with the dog noticed and did the same thing. Searching for a thorn.

"Alright, I'm doing a couple more. Buzz the cone for them to react to the next distraction." Bisky said.

Bisky shot a couple more thorns onto two more animals in the families in front of the team. The projectile smaller than her thumb, yet it landed accurately within the target's limbs.

The team's faces were all covered except for Kurapika who dressed as a girl for this one. They had even put makeup on him for a better coverup. Feral and Illumi had parrots on them.

*Bzzzzz*

Kurapika nodded while the team followed. A couple of guards rushed to the scene, the entrance becoming more full. As the families bunched in, the stag suddenly went on alert, raising its head and looking around.

"Shoot," Bisky said. Ahmad stiffened.

The team immediately turned their heads away from the animal's view but Kurapika stepped in. He walked to the guard and said something, pointing to Ahmad's thorn bush on the path. The guard immediately went towards it, the stag also watching while the team slipped by. Kurapika was still in place waiting.