Chapter 9

Katsuki's point of view.

As we're headed back to the camp I hear a low rumble come from Deku's stomach and he blushes.

We really can't keep living off of those berries in the forest, I guess we have to figure out a way to make the mushroom we found edible. We can't eat it raw but it'll just burn without oil to cook it in.

So what if we dry it?

It really won't be that good, but this island doesn't come with a former kitchen so it'll work.

I fuckin miss real food.

"Hey Deku do you remember where we put that mushroom you found a little bit ago?" I ask and turn to Deku.

"Oh ya! I put it in one of the corners of the tent so it wouldn't get all sandy." He says.

"Alright good. I'm gonna dry that sucker so we can eat it. I'm sick of those sour berries."

"Honestly me too."

I smile lightly, for reasons unknown to me. We're stuck in one of the worst situations to be in and I'm smiling.

"You should smile more, it's pretty." Deku calmly says next to me and my face grows hot.

"Huh?!" I yell and furrow my brows, blush still covering my face.

"Oops! Uh forget I said anything!" Deku says and shakes his head, putting his hands up in defense.

I roll my eyes, whatever.

We get to our makeshift ten and I crawl inside, checking for the mushroom and grabbing it. As I come back outside the tent I look around and spot a big rock that doesn't look too dirty compared to all the others. It'll do.

I walk over and dust the surface off lightly where I'm gonna put the mushroom to dry.

I put it down and I hear a shriek. I snap around quickly and I'm ready to fight for whatever reason.

"EEEK! Kacchan the crab pinched meeeee" Deku whines and I blink at him. Right now I question why he's even in UA.

"Oh my god nerd you scared me." I huff and he gives me an ashamed look.

"Oops!"

What a dork.

"I'm gonna take a quick nap, don't do anything crazy." I say as I start to walk over to the tent.

"Alright Kacchan! I promise I won't be stupid!"

I get into the tent and lay on the big leaf that really isn't very comfortable and drift off.

I need this sleep. I'm so tired..

Until I wake up again.

"Kacchan!" Deku yells from outside the tent.

I crawl out even though I just got in, for some reason I don't feel so tired even though I was just seconds before.

Weird.

I get out of the tent and I see Deku sitting on the sand.

He pats the spot next to him "Kacchan come cloudgaze with me!" He says with a smile.

"Alright alright I'm coming." I reply and it's like his smile becomes brighter.

I lay next to him in the sand and look at the clouds. Roaming steadily across the blue sky. Carefully changing shapes.

Deku slowly inches closer to me on the ground, his body nearly touching mine as we continue to lay in the hot sand.

I see him moving his hand closer to mine, looking unsure so I take his in mine. He looks at me with a blush and I continue to look at the clouds.

I brush over his knuckles with my thumb. Loving the warmth of him.

"I love you Kacchan."

"I-"

"Kacchan are you alright?" A voice that sounds like Deku's calls out but his mouth doesn't move.

Then my eyes open.

I'm in the tent. On the leaf. Just like before. And it's dark out.

I sit up and look around. Deku's next to me looking concerned.

"You ok? You kept moving around in your sleep and mumbling something.."

So it was a dream? Why was I even dreaming about that anyway? Ugh why am I upset that it was a dream?

"Ya I'm fine. Stop worrying about me Deku" I say and lay back down. Rolling over and facing my back towards him.

"Well it's dark out now so I'm also gonna sleep, Goodnight Kacchan." He says and I hear a rustle next to me and the leaf shift slightly.

"Ya, night." Damn time really flies in dreams.

———————————————————————————

MWAHAHAHA y'all thought you were getting fluff 😈 but you got DREAM FLUFF!! Still good tho.

As I was writing this I was just gonna make the fluffy part not a dream but the evil in my took over and I just had to!

But it's still gonna help their relationship along so don't get too mad at me 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Anyway ty for reading! Cya!

789 words.