Run

Eda and Amity walked through the woods together on their way to finally return the forbidden book Eda borrowed from the library all those months ago. Amity basically was getting ready for Luz to return and needed to make sure Eda would actually return a library book, even if it were stolen.

"Well, it only took a couple of months, but this book is finally going back on the shelves!" Eda flipped the book in her hands, celebrating her earliest book return ever.

Amity just shook her head "Because Lilith and I am forcing you to! And Luz is finally going to live on the Isles with her mother's support. We don't need the book anymore."

Eda skips in pure happiness at the sound of her human finally coming to live on the Isles indefinitely. It was a dream come true and she wasn't going to let that dream go so easily. So while in a good mood, Eda and Amity walked farther and farther into the wood towards town, on their way to return the book that glued their family back together.

~~ 

Luz hugged her mom, tighter than ever, finally done with packing. It took a little longer than expected because Camila would cry every time Luz would pick up a shirt and put it in her bag. "Ok. Ok. I have to go. They're waiting for me! I promised I would be quick!"

"I know! I know!" Camila squeezed her daughter tighter "I'm just going to miss you so much!"

Luz playfully rolled her eyes while getting all the air pushed out of her lungs "I'm just going to get settled in. I'll call you as soon as everything settles down! But the portal was acting up earlier so if you don't hear from me, it's because of that. Nothing else. ¡No tienes que preocuparte tanto!"

Camila lets Luz go and cups her cheek "Yeah, yeah the portal or whatever, but I'm your mother. Siempre me voy a preocupar por ti."

Luz grabs Camila's hand and kisses the inside of her palm, then grabs it with both of her hands "I know mamá. But I really do have to go."

A tear of joy races down Camila's cheek as she smiles at the beautiful young woman her daughter has become. She's so happy she came to see that. So happy Amity showed her. Luz goes to grab her bag and heads for the door when Camila has one more thing to say "Wait!" Luz turns and waits for what her mother has to say "I love you so much. And I'm so proud of you."

"Gracias mamá. I love you too."

Camila laughs "But you have to promise me one thing."

"Anything." Luz answers.

"You tell me immediately when you propose to that lovely girl."

Luz goes still while her face heats up a million degrees. She was not expecting that "Mom~" Luz groans, embarrassed.

"Promise me, Luz!"

Luz smiles widely "I promise."

Another tear falls down the Latina's face as she stares at her daughter who is about to start a new chapter of her life. "Now go and be a witch and do magical things."

Luz nods feeling only fulfilled. Her heart races with excitement as she turns from her human life and goes towards her new magical journey.

Everything was now perfect. What was a really, REALLY hard couple of years, Luz pulled through and came out on top. Today was a fresh start. As soon as she would step through that portal, everything would change. 

Everything.

~400 Yards to the portal~

Eda and Amity are now nearing Bonesburrow when Amity asks Eda a question eating at her ever since Luz returned for the first time. "Eda? After years of trying and constant failures, what spell actually got the portal working without Titan's blood?"