One for the Books

Emira brushes Amity's hair as the young Blight just swoons over the bathroom at school today. Her older sister gladly listens while Edric just lays on Amity's bed, scrolling through Penstagram.

"And then what happened?"

Amity blushes "I went to the bathroom and she came in after me. There she told me how she felt. After that, we went back to class and finished out our day and she asked me out on a date in the woods. It was really sweet."

Emira hummed, signaling to her little sister that she's listening. Edric peaks from his scroll "So how did she confess in the bathroom?" He goes back to his scroll once it pings, swiping out of Pensta and into his messages.

Amity's mind automatically goes to pushing Luz against the wall and kissing her, but she couldn't mention that without the twins teasing her. So she told them, with a few details missing "To sum it up, she just said that even though she was drunk, she didn't regret kissing me last night. And I asked if she meant it. She said yes and that was it." Her face changes hue as she leaves the rest out.

Emira catches a glimpse of her face in the mirror and smirks knowing her sister better than Amity realizes "Well I'm happy for you two. I know how upset you were when she had to leave. I'm a big Lumity shipper!"

"A what?" Amity questions looking back at her older sister.

Edric and Emira both laugh and the only Blight son answers "Lumity. It's your ship name. We gave it to you two after you lost your job at the library and Luz went through those ridiculous trials to get it back."

"Yeah. The same phase when you cut your hair and dyed it lavender." Emira adds "Why did you dye it back green? After all that?"

Amity sighs and grabs her now long green hair that has her brown roots growing out once again "Well, Luz left and- I don't know. Just didn't have any fight left in me against mom. I gave in and dyed it back."

Emira and Edric share a devious glance. Emira stops her brushing and holds up a lavender-colored potion "Well, your human is back. Wanna dye it again and make mom blow another fuse?"

Edric sits up from the bed while making his scroll disappear "Good idea Em! It was so funny how red she got. Now we know where you get it from, Mittens."

The three laugh, and Amity mulls their proposal over, thinking it might be time to rebel again. But this time, instead of lavender and chopping all her long strands off, letting it be natural. "What do you guys think about my natural hair color this time? I had my stage of lavender hair. Why not let it be what it's meant to be?"

Emira coos "I love that idea." The witch holds up a pair of scissors as well "Wanna trim as well?"

"No." Amity smiles at her reflection "Let it be long. I like it the way it is."

"You know, I have the perfect dress for your new look if you're willing to put a little faith in your older sis."

~

Luz looks at her reflection in the bathroom mirror. She's wearing her purple suit and fidgeting with her beanie, trying to decide whether or not to wear it tonight. She places the beanie on her head, stares at it, then takes it off, then puts it back on. She repeats this process about five times before deciding to put the beanie to rest for the night. She places the maroon hat on the sink and goes back to staring at herself, studying her appearance.

She puts on a smile and shoots finger guns at the mirror and rehearses "Heya Amity." Her smile quickly falls and she puts her hands by her side "Nope, not gonna do that. Uhhh." She looks around the bathroom and leans on the door in a nonchalant way while crossing her arms "Oh, what's up Blight... No no no that's just stupid." She stands up straight and adjusts her suit jacket "Amity, hi. You ready to mingle?" She just stares at herself in disappointment "This is going to be a disaster."