Town

King was all dressed up in a cheerleading outfit, waving pom-poms and putting on a show for anyone who wanted to see. He got a crowd of creatures and witches gawking at his performance. While he drew all the attention, Amity weaved through the crowds with an empty bucket, asking for money for King to dance more. But what the payers didn't notice was while they threw their money into the buckets was a human bumping into everyone, taking more than they originally offered.

After the show King would put on, the three waited for an hour and did the same thing to a different crowd who was just as clueless as to the first. The three did this for a while, making Amity feel a bit guilty for enjoying it so much. After about the fourth show, they settled down and discontinued their petty theft.

"Wow, I forgot how much fun that was!" Luz said before taking a big chomp of a not-dog. Her face scrunched up in disgust and after the human swallowed "Wow... I forgot how great the food on the Boiling Isles was." The girl gaged through her sarcasm.

Amity laughed while King ate his not-dog in two bites, not catching onto Luz's sarcasm "I know right! You must have missed all the meals Eda and I cooked for ya!"

Luz raises an eyebrow "You mean the meals you and Eda stole for me? Or the meals Lilith cooked for us?"

"Both!" The demon said while eyeing the not-dog in Luz's hand. "Are you going to finish that?"

Luz looks at the food in her hand then throws it to King "Na. I'll just get something when I go back home." Her smile disappears at the mention of her home.

The Blight notices and secretly summons her scroll to check up on Gus, and where he is. Apparently, Willow dragged Gus and Boscha to a plant store and they've been there for forty-five minutes. Amity rolls her eyes reading the text message and tells him to get to the not-dog stand now. The witch casts her scroll away and turns back to Luz.

"Hey, I think I know somewhere that will cheer you up." The green-haired witch says with a playful tone.

Luz perks her head up and tilts it in question, trying to read Amity's mind before asking. After a failed moment of attempt Luz finally askes "Oh yeah? What did you have in mind, Miss. Blight." Luz was shamelessly flirting, not thinking twice about it.

Amity feels the heat rising to her cheeks but holds back the visible blush. "Wouldn't you like to know?" 

While the two 'unknowingly' flirt, King groans in disgust "Count me out. I'm going back to the Owl House and taking my daily nap." He hops down from the stand and looks at Luz with begging eyes "Luz, promise before you leave, you'll say goodbye." This was one of the rare occurrences King's voice had a vulnerability laced in front of other witches.

Luz takes her attention from the beautiful witch to the small demon. She picks him up for a big hug "Of course I'll say goodbye, King." He hugs her back tight. Luz puts him down and he makes his way out of Bonesburrow, and towards the Owl House. Luz watches her boo-boo-buddy walk off into the distance before turning back to the witch of her dreams "Shall we?"

Amity smugly smiles "We shall!"

The two walk in the opposite direction from King, going deeper into Bonesburrow, walking side by side. The walk was mostly silent. Amity knew the past four years of Luz's life weren't great, so should she really ask about it? Maybe that's a can of worms to open some other time when they get more acquainted. Luz was wondering the same thing while walking. Should she ask about Amity's four years? If she did, would that mean she would have to talk about her time in the human realm? if anything, Luz will avoid any details she can for as long as possible.

After walking for a while, Luz recognized the building they stopped in front of immediately. "The library! Of course." Luz's smile returns as she is brought out of her thoughts and is back in the moment. "Wow, I haven't thought or read about Azura in four years. Any new books on the series?"