Batter up

Hiya! Been a while! Sorry about that. College comes first (Unfortunately.) I'm sick today so I got some good old-fashioned writing in! It's also short because I haven't written in a good two months... Hope all of ya are having a great year! ENJOY!
*****

Luz and King stroll together through the Bonesburrow market, just spending quality time together. "What about this one. This screams I AM YOUR DIVINE RULER! KNEEL BEFORE ME!" King holds a gold chain up to Luz from one of the stands with some valuable gemstones engraved in it.

Luz cringes at the chain, being that it's the size of King's body, and it's the ugliest thing she has ever laid eyes on "It's a little big, no? Not to mention, that's a little outside our price range."

King looks back at the stand where the price tag lies and scoffs "Since when were we ever buying anything? And you saw how big my dad got. I'll grow into it. I did grow a good foot in the last four years. It just takes time."

"I don't know King. How about we sleep on it and if you want it tomorrow, we'll come back."

King groans, disagreeing with Luz "But I want it now!"

"I know you do, but we can't afford it."

"Since when did you start following the rules again? Spending too much time with goody two shoes?"

Luz snickers at King's childish antics "First of all, Amity has nothing to do with me not wanting to break the law today. And second, I'm just not in the mood to be chased by the guards when we get caught. Instead, how about we just have a comedy hour when we get back to the owl house? We haven't done one of those since I've been back."

The demon's eyes light up as if his brain just illuminated. He jumps up and down and squeals in excitement "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! YES! You have no idea how long I've waited for you to ask that! I have a whole book filled with original King content! It's all organized into different categories. My favorite are the offensive ones!"

Luz shoots King her finger guns and winks "We'll be skipping over that one buddy. But I'm excited to see what you've come up with. Now put the chain back and let's wander a bit more." Luz looks up from the demon and her eyes search the stands for the item she's been searching for. It's actually the reason Luz came to the marketplace in the first place. Her eyes scan each individual stand and really scans their merchandise. 

Without realizing it, the human begins to walk off into the crowd and walk around more, searching. King notices Luz's mindless travels and grabs hold of her hand so they don't get separated. Each passing guard posted in that sector made it a point to greet Luz, knowing her connections with Lilith and Hunter. 

"Afternoon, human!" A slender, good-looking guard greeted "You seem a bit confused. You need a helping hand?"

Luz looks at the new uniform Lilith issued years back after the fall of the emperor. Instead of those scary plague masks, the witch removed the mask entirely to show the individual's face. He had really nice brown hair and bright green eyes. His pointy ears showed he was just a normal witch trying to make a living as a member of the new peacekeeping coven. And he looked like he was in his late twenties.

Luz smiled "Oh, actually, yes. I'm looking for a new scroll phone. I just heard the new model was dropping today and the Owl Lady gave me just enough to buy one."

"Ah." The guard exclaimed "That's why. You're on the opposite side of town! You need to go that way." 

He points behind Luz, causing her to facepalm in embarrassment "Of course it is. Any chance you can summon up a map for me? I'm still getting used to the layout, again."