ℙ𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕃𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕦𝕒𝕘𝕖

Past

The first thing Azora noticed that morning were my fingers. Even though I washed them well, there still remained residues of paints around my nails. She instantly knew what I was upto. Though Azora, didn't make a big fuss and contained her excitement well; I knew this was not the end of it and when right time comes she will ask and as predicted the right time came when we left for school. "I am glad you started painting again Akira. How do you feel?"

"Contain your excitement Takahashi. I just doodled with some paints. Is all."

"Nevertheless, I am still extremely happy that you started. You still didn't tell me how you felt?"

I formed my reply and signed carefully, "Like hugging mom and dad. It gave me comfort Azora." The moment I signed, she stopped and turned to face me. Bringing her palm next to my face, she stopped to ask permission. Leaning into her touch I saw how much me painting had affected her. She was happy and so was I.

"Baby steps. One day my brother will paint to all his hearts content and that day no one can stop him." I smiled at her words. I hope so too Azora. I hope so too.

Before she could start walking I held back her hand and signed, "There is something I need to tell you."

"What?"

"You know my new arts teacher Mr. Cross?"

"Oh yes! I have heard a lot about him." At my raised eyebrows she grinned and signed, "My friends are praising his looks. Even the school forums going ballistics over Mr. Cross. There's an account dedicated to him called 'khol me sir', and just in few days it has managed to not only capture our school students attention, but also students from other school too."

Khol me sir? Couldn't they get more creative with names? I would have been awestruck if they had named the account something like 'Caramel Late' or 'Wicked chocolate'; but... Not the point Akira!

"Why are you asking me about Mr. Cross?" She asked and I was about to answer when her phone rang. Glancing back at me she signed quickly, "Principal Rupert is doing his rounds. Let's go. Once we reach school tell me." I nodded and we ran.

I didn't get much time to talk with Azora

I didn't get much time to talk with Azora. Our bells rang and each of us had to leave for our classes. So instead I shot her a message ~ Don't worry. We'll meet at lunch hour or after I come back from practice. Take care. ~

First lecture was pretty mediocre. As usual I didn't pay any attention and my mind was wavering around, but the moment my phone buzzed with some random message, curiosity got the better of me and my fingers swiped over to our school's forum where straight away I saw the page dedicated to Mr. Cross.

What stupified me more was a picture of the two of us together outside our classroom. It was taken somewhere yesterday. The caption below was even more astonishing.