𝕊𝕚𝕣𝕖

Past

Sitting at such close proximity was difficult but at the same time intoxicating. I had to be careful or else a person named Cross would soon become my addiction. Even though I pulled back, I still felt the phantom of pain he gave me moments ago.

"Your eyes..." His were gazing at me intently.

"Hm?" My heartbeat had accelerated. Come back to earth Akira!

"They're dilated. Are you alright?"

Am I?

Closing my eyes I had to think of something else. Oh! Universe, what is happening to me? Shaking my head I give him a faint smile and signed, "I am alright."

He didn't believe me. Patting my thigh I removed another cigarette stick to light it up and even though Cross frowned he didn't say much. The familiar smoke engulfed me and it took me a while to shake my feelings from before.

"You don't need me to tell you smoking is injurious to your health." At his concern, though genuine I grinned and callously signed, "What I have to live for anyway?"

Though my words were flippant; Cross's answer was not. "Your sister?"

Fuck! Azora. She is the sole reason for my existence.

Though I did not throw the bud away into the ash tray, I still was conscious that Mr. Cross was right. "You keep calling me pup, what is your age?"

"29."

I was absolutely shocked! What the fuck!

"29?"

"Yeah! So?"

"I am only 15."

"Yeah! I am aware. So?"

He kept signing but all I could do was stare back blankly. He's fourteen years older to me.

"Akira?"

"You're fourteen years older to me." I signed back still looking blankly at him. His small dimple popped out, "What did you think was my age? Of course I'll be much older to you. I am your teacher."

Hot teacher. Shaking my head I took another drag and signed, "So if you're calling me pup then should I be revering you as Sire."

It was a joke from my end but the effect it had on Cross was immediate. I could clearly see a visible change in him and if I could hear, I'm pretty sure he would be growling.

"Be careful pup." His hands inched closer to my wound and the anticipation of receiving pain became double, but at the last second he refrained from touching and somewhere my heart panged for that ecstasy.

He eyed my cigarette and then glanced back at me, "I saw you today during Mr. Tate's class. You were busy drawing something and not paying attention. Why?"

"Because I don't understand what he says. The only teacher to remotely care for me and use ASL is you. The rest don't even know I exist." As I finished signing my heart wondered if all this was too quiet for a person watching us? There is pulsating music behind the close doors and yet, it is here where there is absolute silence.

"Then I have a proposition for you pup."

Oh?

"If I give you an opportunity to understand people without them or you using ASL, do you promise to pay more attention in class?"

Is he serious?

"How do you propose that?" I signed and he smirked. "Simple. Learn to read their lips."